Having a career plan is crucial to the successful development of any individual. Chevening essay

Ka2016 1 / 1 2  
Hey " am trying to apply for a scholarship with Chevening. This is my career plan essay. Would really appreciate any advice / feedback given! Thanks in advance guys!

Career Plan Question

ANSWER:
Having a career plan is crucial to the successful development of any individual. Without direction ones path is uncertain.

My first objective upon completion of the Chevening award will be continuing my work at the Bank of ***** Ltd where I would put my new abilities to good use in the process of working along with the Operations Manager in developing initiatives to improve employee rewards and recognition and engagement to improve the level of employee satisfaction and by extension customer service for the organisation. I believe that the experience I will gain from my degree would set me apart from my peers as a highly motivated individual with sufficient knowledge to become a successful psychologist.

My two main long term goals are to become a Chartered Psychologist by the age of 35 and to create my small business in consultancy with my main focus being in the business sector assisting organisations in areas of productivity, employee training, assessment, and human resources.

In order to achieve these goals however, I must undergo the process of completing other objectives both short and long term. My career objectives therefore are, to first gain sufficient experience in the interested field, learning how to solve/tackle organisational problems that arise during and after the recruitment process.

After contributing to my efforts to the bank it is my aim to transition to the public sector (Government) working with the Human Resource Management Unit (HRMU) within a 1-2 years of returning. It is my hope that while employed with HRMU I will be able to conduct research on employee behaviours and attitudes with a focus on employee commitment and turnover with the aim being to reduce employee turnover and improve employee retention for increased productivity and efficiency.

Secondly, while working, I will aim to develop a small focus group for employees ages 20-35 on reducing work stress and improving work life balance for a more satisfied and healthy workforce on *******. Thirdly, after gaining a few years working experience I plan to further my studies at a graduate level obtaining my doctorate degree by age 28. By the end of my doctorate this should be the final step towards actualizing my main long term goal of becoming chartered psychologist by the age of 35 and the creation of my consultancy business.

I believe that through this position I could make significant contributions to the current situation of ***** in terms of population growth and retention along with human. These areas of development are very important for my country and are on the priority list by the Government in their policy agenda 2016/17. By extension, improvement in these areas will help ******* achieve sustainable economic growth and increased financial independence. Think of it individuals who are satisfied with their job and its working environment will continue to live in ******* thus population numbers are retained. Secondly, retaining numbers of willing employees result in higher productivity levels. Higher productivity equals economic growth. With this cycle continuing the actualization of ******** achieving economic stability will eventually be reality.

(***** is the name of the country)
(508 words)
Amuelle, your career plans should be mentioned in terms of years projected for the achievement and not in your age digits. Keep in mind that the reviewer can't be bothered with minor details such as learning your current age in relation to your plans while he is reviewing your application. In order to clearly represent your career growth, you must mention these in terms of 5 and 10 year plans. Analyze your current plans and group them into groups that fall under the short and long term goals. Then discuss the plans in a similar manner. There is a lack of clarity in your planning at the moment. The information you have is confusing because it jumps from short term to long term then back to short term goals at the moment. That makes your career plan difficult to keep track of and remember. BTW, you don't need to explain the need for a career plan to the reviewer in a single sentence. That is something that he already knows. So don't waste your character count on senseless statements.

Home / Graduate / Having a career plan is crucial to the successful development of any individual. Chevening essay