I NEED HELP WITH THIS LETTER OF INTENT FOR ADMISSION IN CANADA

mizcee16 1 / 2  
April 4, 2017

No 27 Nnaji street Emene,
Enugu,
Enugu state.

Graduate Admissions,
Department of philosophy,
University of Saskatchewan,
Saskatoon, Canada.

Dear Sir,

LETTER OF INTENT FOR GRADUATE STUDIES

I am seeking admission into your prestigious university. I have completed my undergraduate studies and I graduated with second class honors upper division. I wish to enhance my knowledge level and I feel your institute is best suited for this purpose. My undergraduate study was in the field of public administration and I wish to purse a master's in philosophy which is one the world's oldest subjects of study and has giving birth to many others.

I have chosen this field of study because studying philosophy develops reasoning ,comprehension, depth and breadth of view and reflexivity by requiring focus on some of the most difficult , abstract and persistent worrying questions that engage reflective people. My interest remains strong in the areas of metaphysics , ethics and philosophy of mind and I feel my purpose would be best served by learning the same from your esteemed university.

I have been a good student and have earned grades during my undergraduate studies. My lecturers and previous university can attest that I did not have any disciplinary issue throughout my studies in the university. Studying this course in your university would make me a better thinker and a more well rounded person and also your university provides me the platform I need to move ahead about my academic goals and professional goals. I would be most grateful if you could consider my request

Yours faithfully,

Onyejiuwa, Franklin Odira
Franklin, your letter of intent needs to introduce the development of your interest in Philosophy as well as your career related reasons for considering a master's degree in the course. Your current essay doesn't offer you an opportunity to explain why you consider the mastery of Philosophy an important part of your personal and professional development. The information that you present is generic and could apply to just about any student applying for admission to the course. You need to create a personal consideration for your application because without it, your desire to get this masters degree doesn't make much sense. Think of presenting your letter of intent was a personal statement. Tell the reviewer more about yourself, some important aspects of Philosophy that relate to your life, and why you believe that this university is the best option for your higher studies. This will show a clear intention to not only enroll in the course, but also to complete the course of study as it applies to your career now and in the future.

Home / Graduate / I NEED HELP WITH THIS LETTER OF INTENT FOR ADMISSION IN CANADA