'Helping the victims' - An excerpt from my Statement of Purpose

faruqiumair 3 / 8  
These are two paragraphs from my SOP.I want to connect them and also make them as brief as possible because this does not sound like professional.Please remove any unnecessary information as well as connect these paragraphs so that I merge these and they become single paragraph cohesively.Any comments or suggestions will also be appreciated

My Extra-curricular activities

My interest in travelling stems from a very young age. Travelling, for me, is a means of exploring various parts and diverse cultures of my own country and other countries, as well. I even got to explore a lot about myself and my personal traits in this process. In Pakistan, travelling is not so common; only a few people prefer travelling. However, I believe that, by travelling, we get to explore many things within and around us. It also helps in making an individual all-rounder and well-educated. This time, I, therefore, joined my university class fellows for a one month official tour across several areas of Pakistan. We visited various cities throughout Pakistan and got to explore their diverse cultures. These visits induced in me important traits, like adaptability and self-reliance, which I could not learn elsewhere. I was also exposed to diverse cultures, mindsets, lifestyles, and even temperatures. In the due process, I realized that in order to survive and lead a satisfactory life, one must necessarily learn to get adapted to new and diverse cultures around them. Even though, it required some effort initially, however, now I have successfully acquired this skill - thanks to my interest in travelling.

I have always believed that a successful person is not only measured by their academic achievements but also by their character,because it is the foundation for life. I believe that any responsible human being should always lend a helping hand. I truly enjoy volunteering and doing charity work and I wanted to share my experiences with others. This is what prompted me to start teaching the junior students in my class. Through this I ended up becoming one of the organizers for the group who volunteered in helping after the terrible floods in my beloved province in 2011.My responsibilities included raising money for the victims, buying supplies and lending a helping hand whenever needed. The team and I provided the victims with tents, food, blankets, and much more. My experiences running these activities have not only improved my lateral thinking, but have also helped me develop necessary management and communication skills, which are a must-have in today's world with such diversity in the workplace
porkbunsrule - / 7  
It would be helpful to know what the prompt or question is that you are trying to address or answer. Graduate schools vary in their expectations for what a Statement of Purpose should be. In any case, I have made a few comments below. Good luck with the application!
OP faruqiumair 3 / 8  
Ok,but if you give examples of what you are trying to say it would be more helpful for me.

Home / Graduate / 'Helping the victims' - An excerpt from my Statement of Purpose