'not knowing what you want to do with your life' - PA NARRATIVE

Chioma1 1 / -  
HELLO, I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THE BEGINNING OF MY ESSAY. PLEASE HELP!. I DON'T THINK ITS STRONG ENOUGH. THIS IS NARRATIVE THAT I WANT TO TURN IN FOR MY PA SCHOOL APPLICATION.

THANKS

It can be scary and frustrating not knowing what you want to do with your life. Its scary and frustrating because you feel like you're stuck in one place and life is passing you by. The career choices I thought were for me may not be as gratifying in the long run. It wasn't until I graduated college that I discovered that I developed frustration and uneasy feelings about my future. These feelings soon diminished when I took on positions that were of my interest at that time.

I was so set on becoming a physical therapist until I actually got the experience of working in two outpatient clinics, as a clinic assistant. While working at these clinics I began to realize that the profession wasn't for me. I feel as if the therapist weren't really inclined to educating me about the profession. It seemed like their main focus was to get patients in and out of the clinic. I felt as if I was not learning enough about the field. I asked as many questions as I could to find something that would enlighten my experience, but I was unable to find anything that would enhance my interest. It wasn't until a family friend who has been practicing as a Physician assistant for almost five years, introduced me to this profession. He advised me to research the Physician assistant field to make sure I would be interested. When doing so, I discovered so many interesting facts that attracted me more to this profession. For example, I learned that P.A.s are able to prescribe medications to patients without the doctor having to do so themselves. I also liked that there are a broad range of specialties that P.As can decide to go into. Although P.A.s work under the supervision of a doctor they are still able to establish their own independence in the medical field.

What really helped in building up my motivation towards becoming a P.A. was when I shadowed a group of physician assistants at Holy Cross Hospital. I was really inspired by what I saw. I spent a great deal of time shadowing not only P.A.s, but doctors as well. I even had the opportunity to speak with a few P.A. students and medical school students, who were finishing up there rotations. I was placed with P.A.s who worked the general surgery department. I was able to observe some really interesting surgical procedures. When observing the P.A.s, I discovered a common characteristic that really sparked my interest. All the P.A.s were very hardworking, compassionate and light hearted, but they were very respectful as well. One Physician assistant mentioned to me that after twenty years of working in the health field that she was beyond satisfied with her job. What she said really meant a lot to me and I could tell that she was being genuine. I was also very impressed at the fact they all worked as a team. Team work is something that I really admire and practice every day at my current place of employment, so I know how to work with others to complete a task. What I admired the most was that they were very supportive and encouraging. I was so intrigued by that experience and could definitely see myself being a physician assistant.

My past experiences have molded me into the type of person I am today. In the middle of my undergraduate studies my grades suffered due to financial conflictions that caused me to lose focus. I've learned that when you're consistent and hardworking achieving the goal that you desire is inevitable. I know I have what it takes to become a Physician Assistant and I know that my dream will come true.
stephenie 3 / 10  
Hey don't worry. I'll see how I can be of your help though I'm new here myself but it's worth a try!

According to your essay, I found some words which weren't comfortable with your sentence (though you've written wonderfully):

1. Its scary and frustrating because you feel like you're stuck in one place and life is passing you byworld's moving by. .(as far as I think)

2.... helped in building up my motivation towards becoming a P.A...
(you could also write the above line as)...
Shadowing a group of physicians at Holy Cross Hospital was one of the reason of my motivation's up heaval towards becoming a P.A(avoid using the word 'What' in the beggining)

3.What I admired the most was that they were very supportive and encouraging. (please try not using 'what' at the beggining)

All in all a wonderful effort. Hope you achieve your desired goal :D .Good luck!
AbdC95 - / 4  
Great essay!! You DO NOT have to panic! I really liked the conclusion.

Home / Graduate / 'not knowing what you want to do with your life' - PA NARRATIVE