it's never too late to start a new beginning: MS in BI- motivation letter

matyblr 1 / 1  
Hi everyone! Please help me review this Motivation Letter for Master's program in Business Informatics.
I'm afraid that the language is not academic and is too informal.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

The prompt is as follows: The goal is to introduce your background and support your application. In short, its goal is to answer the question: "Why are you a suitable candidate?" Some points that may help you answer this question:

Why have I chosen to apply to this programme?
What do I expect to gain from my studies?
Why does my background make me a suitable candidate?
How will the programme help me to achieve my goals?

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to join the Master's Degree Programme in Business Informatics at XX University. My interest in this area arose during my bachelor studies. First, I took a course of Global Economics which introduced me to a variety of aspects of economics and business and provided me with a strong theoretical background in these subjects. Later I had several courses which explained economics modeling and data analysis with a focus on the exploitation of software tools and applications (e.g. EViews , 1C:Enterprise and of course MS Excel). These courses were of the most interest to me because they allowed applying theoretical knowledge to solve real-world problems.

It is evident that information technology is crucial in modern society. As economic environment is constantly changing, particularly economics and business demand for advanced computer-based methods capable of processing and analyzing complex and divers information. Usage of information technology methods is a significant competitive advantage for enterprises, and hence is a key to their success. Business informatics is indeed a growing area and it seems it will be much in demand in the near future. All above mentioned explain my interest to this cross-sectional domain and desire to proceed with my education in this area.

I believe my skills and abilities are suitable to enroll and follow successfully the programme. I graduated from the department of International Economic Relations of XX University with a bachelor's degree with distinction in a Management of Foreign Economic Activities in 2009. Since 2009 I have been working in one of the biggest XX agricultural holdings. I started as an economist in a sales department. I was responsible for an organization of delivery processes (i.e. purchase, transport, and logistics) to customers from international suppliers. This job provided the opportunity to understand better particular spheres of business (finance, marketing, logistics, law, and accounting). All of the effort I put into my work significantly improved my working skills especially in communications, planning and self-dependency. A year after I was promoted to the Supply Chain Manager. Among my current responsibilities is establishing of new business contacts with foreign companies. Passing step by step through all the stages from initial negotiations to final products application really provides me with a huge sense of accomplishment. During my work I exploited various supply chain work flow systems used in different European countries which helped me to understand the importance of informational technology in business processes.

Five years of professional experience helped me to understand the area where I need to improve in order to have a successful career. I think the Master programme will assist me in acquiring up-to-date knowledge of information technology and to develop complex approach, which combines management concepts with computer science technologies. The programme will let me understand how to analyze and optimize business processes of enterprises, to implement new information technology solutions, to align business strategies and corporate goals in constantly changing business environment. I will study how to manage project teams and to coordinate the interaction between its members in situations when different information technology solutions should be used.

After graduation I aspire to work in the area of technical consultancy, especially I am interested in developing informational infrastructures in business companies.

Although this master programme is very competitive and engage highly purposeful students, I hope that the combination of academic knowledge, working experience in a big company, and understanding of the domain give me a strong recommendation for a place in the programme. I will be deeply honored if you decide to accept my candidature.
niesaysi 16 / 290 85  
As economic environment is constantly changing, particularly economics and business demand for advanced computer-based methods capable of processing and analyzing complex and divers information.

?Complete the idea of this.

This job provided me an opportunity to understand better particular spheres of business (finance, marketing, logistics, law, and accounting).

AmongOne of my current responsibilities is establishing of new business contacts with foreign companies.

I think the Master programme will assist me in acquiring up-to-date knowledge of information technology and to developing complex approach, which combines management concepts with computer science technologies.

After graduation I aspire to work in the area of technical consultancy, especiallyfor I am interested in developing informational infrastructures in business companies.

I will be deeplygreatly honored if you decide to acceptwill consider my candidature.

I found some small grammatical mistakes. Hope this helps you a lot :)
OP matyblr 1 / 1  
Thank you very much! I've though about content and haven't noticed them.
My interest in this area arosebegan during my bachelor studies. First, I took a course of Global Economics which introduced me to a variety of aspects of economics and business and provided me with a strong theoretical backgroundknowledge in these subjects.Later I had several courses which explained economics modeling and data analysis with a focus on the exploitation of software tools and applications

Home / Graduate / it's never too late to start a new beginning: MS in BI- motivation letter