learning about the Berkeley MBA program

jackson99 3 / 1  
Question: What steps have you taken to learn about the Berkeley MBA program, and what factors have influned your decision to apply? 250 word maximum

Most recently, I consulted my mission supervisor about where to go the next step, his strongest support went to the Haas Program. I found that especially surprising since he had earned his MBA from HBS.

After I began researching the Haas Program for my self, I was drawn to interdisciplinary approach and the concept of business management as a liberal art. I believe the philosophies of the school closely fit my won, as I don't believe that business can be successful and ethical when isolated from the human elements.

Because of my liberal art background I feel much more at home with the Haas Program than all other programs I have investigated. The core philosophy mixed with distinguished faculty and thoughtful support programs makes the Haas MBA Program very rich. Possibly the biggest point of differentiation, and thus the biggest attractor, is the focus on ethics and social responsibility where Haas benefit from its reputation as a pioneer in the field.

The National Social Venture Business Plan Competition is a hallmark, where business schools across the globe compete for a total $100,000 by presenting plans that outline business propositions that have a societal or environmental component.

These are absolutely timeless that whatever happens in the economy, whatever changes arise over the next twenty years, they will be excellent preparation. Accounting or marketing practices may change over time, new technology comparable to the internet may emerge, and the investment to acquire ethics and leadership skills will still be well worth the investment.

Any feedback is highly apprecaited
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon.

I'm not really sure that you have answered the prompt. The question wants to know what you have done to educate yourself about the program. It seems like the only thing you have done is ask an advisor about what he/she thought you should do, and then maybe checked out the program's website. You do not explain what steps you took in your decision making process, which is what you were asked to do. Instead, it seems like you are giving a report on their own program, reiterating information they already know. Also, you really don't discuss the things that have influenced you personally to apply to the program.

I suggest spending some time on your individual process of choosing this program in more detail. How will this program benefit you in your career and your future plans? How will this program help you achieve your dreams? What is it about this program that is so spectacular?

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP jackson99 3 / 1  
When I began researching the MBA programs for my self, I was drawn to the interdisciplinary approach and the concept of business management as a liberal art offered by HASS. I believe the philosophies of the school closely fit my own, as I do not believe that business can be successful and ethical when isolated from the human elements. Also, when I comapred the essay questions from various schools, I found out that the essay questions sound like from a psychologist instead of an admissions committee, which gives me full confidence and joy that I can show my success and failure. I feel most comfortable when presenting myself through my answers to the essays.

Moreover, because of my liberal art background I feel much more at home with the Haas Program than all other programs I have investigated. The core philosophy mixed with distinguished faculty and thoughtful support programs makes the Haas MBA Program very rich. I'm most impressed with the focus on ethics and social responsibility where Haas benefits from its reputation as a pioneer in the field. I know, for example, HAAS is the leading organizor of The National Social Venture Business Plan Competition, where business schools across the globe compete for a total $100,000 by presenting plans that outline business propositions that have a societal or environmental component. I'm very excited about the opportunity to offer my experience from various NPO organizations and brainstorm any possible idea with my classmates in HAAS to present in the Competition.

These are absolutely the quantities that impressed me and thus made the HAAS the only MBA program I decided to apply for. Accounting or marketing practices may change over time, new technology comparable to the Internet may emerge, but the investment to acquire ethics and leadership skills will never fade away.

Home / Graduate / learning about the Berkeley MBA program