Life takes different approaches to guide an individual; SOP

maniskul 2 / 3  
Hii friends, i have written this SOP, i think its too much descriptive, lacks a lot of things and has a lot of grammatical mistakes too so please put some light on them and also suggest and replace words i used which would make it more aesthetic. Thanks a lot friends.

SOP

Everyone is disparate, accordingly life takes different approaches to guide an individual and in my case it chose just another unusual way for keeping me motivated and letting me decide my destiny i.e, Cartoons. Through my childhood I saw number of cartoons like Talespin, Swatcats, Alladin, captain Planet, Ironman etc. in which there was a hero saving the people from evil and I always wanted to be that hero and I still have the same fire in me now, but the term "evil" has now different meaning for me: it is the 'Deteriorating Environment' and I want to save the Earth and the people from its ill effects and for that I have to save Environment itself.

Regarding Education, I have taken just four decisions for myself in my life. The first one was when I chose Non-medical Branch over Commerce, after my 10th CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) results were out. The second decision was the trickiest one, choosing Electrical and Electronics Branch over other seven branches while enrolling for Bachelors of Technology. The third decision was separating myself from Electronics by choosing core Electrical in the 6th semester and the fourth one is choosing Renewable Energy as my major for Masters.

The reason behind choosing Non-medical was that, I played safe. I knew that if I choose Commerce then I have to study new subjects to which I have never been exposed but I was studying Mathematics and Science since the first class, so, that is why I chose Non-medical.

After the 12th CBSE results were out, one of my cousin invited me for a career counseling session, he is a Mechanical Engineer: the only other engineer in my family now. Through our discussion we came up with two final choices, either Mechanical or Civil engineering: because I always used to think of a pollution free vehicle and an ecofriendly home which could produce energy itself. And furthermore we refined them to one, Civil engineering, so, every college I applied in, I applied for Civil Engineering. I received offer letter from almost every university I applied in and among them I chose Manav Rachna International University because of its good reputation and also I wanted to move out of my city to experience and explore new things. But in the admission cell of the university, when I showed my scorecards, the other person asked me if I want to confirm Civil branch and provided me seven other options to choose from in case I wanted to switch over to some other branch. I looked at Electrical and Electronics option and recalled the circuit laws, theorems and problems which I studied and solved in physics in my high school years and the fact that how much I love physics. Science has always attracted me, but during high school years my interest towards physics got multifold and this physics is what aestheticizes science. The teachers were so experienced and enriched with knowledge that, it was the only class period besides physical that I loved from the bottom of my heart and there I was choosing Civil branch of which I know nothing and after a few thoughts I chose Electrical and Electronics branch.

I started disliking Electronics from the first semester. From the equipment I studied in first semester (operational amplifier) to the equipment I studied in fifth semester (microprocessor, microcontroller), the only thing I understood was, if we do this then this happens, the internal circuit was never explained to us, I never found it lucid. That is why when I got a chance to choose either one, I went with Electrical.

From my childhood I was always concerned of nature. My uncle always told me to nurture the nature, he used to take me to various places to plant seeds and in the way he liked to narrate stories regarding the role and importance of elements of nature. Though reason I had to take Mechanical or Civil engineering were childish but they were in favour of nature, so choosing Renewable Energy is quite reasonable for me.

I consider my high school years as The Golden Period of my school life, not just to physics, but, I was getting explored to so many things in quick time: new students, night lifestyles, bear, rich habbits, sex, hollywood movies etc., it was like I was in egg before that, there it cracked and I peeped out to see the world. Having such good vastly experienced teachers in high school had me expecting the same from college too, and also watching hollywood movies showing innovative experienced professors and them being so agile that, they can mould their teaching method according to student just boosted my expectations a bit. My college days began with a lot of enthusiasm and alacrity to learn new things, and I adjusted well with students, who belonged to different states, a few were even from Bombay and Kerala (they are very far away from here, southern part). Since I studied last year of my high school very well, I caught everyone's attention because I was answering and questioning a lot. Just for questioning I was even being called "question mark" for sometime. I scored second position in my class in first semester and managed to score good marks for the next two consecutive semesters but I was not happy with the quality of education I was getting, how could I be satisfied specially when teachers being just a few years elder to us. Most of the lecturers were pursuing their M.tech with no exposure to practical equipments. They were like artists not exposed to beauties, an unripened mango can never taste sweet. It did not take long for this seed inside of me to grow and I went into depression and stopped attending lectures. The only thing I believe hindered me to completely cut-off studies was sports, I started practicing soccer instead of attending lectures. I used to play it at school level too, so soon got picked up for the college's football team and played three tournaments. The other and very important thing happened was, me getting in touch with the seniors in soccer team, they always motivated me and guided me. One of them; Shashank, he got selected in University Of Houston, Texas, USA, while the others got absorbed by companies. I always liked Shashank, he was among those guys who scores good marks and from outside it appears as if they do not study at all, so seeing him I decided that I will also get into some well known university and will get the pleasure of being taught by some well known beings in their particular field.

My seventh semester was totally on Industrial Training, I did my training from Indraprastha Power Generation Company Limited (IPGCL) and Pragati Power Corporation Limited (PPCL). They included power generation plants, they were huge, I had the basic structure of its parts in my mind but when I saw the actual sizes of those I was completely amazed. When I came to know there was no R&D department there I got frustrated but slowly I realised that there was no need of that, those huge structures had everything fixed about them. Once you know there data sheet, then you know everything, nothing changes. Seeing the same equipments everyday which we were not even allowed to touch because they carry very high voltage and current, had me bored, no thinking work what so ever was happening there. I lost my interest in Electrical machines too but Power generation lured me and I decided to make future in it but not the way it was being created there (coal and gas), that causes massive pollution but by renewable energy i.e, which can be used again and again and does not affects the environment. I started looking for an online course since then and now I have found one, it is a course by TUDELFT on Solar Energy I am taking classes. I am way behind their schedule but still I am trying because it is not about getting a certificate, it is about learning.

This Education System in India checks the mugging up power of students and even encourages it, here most of the students end up having technical degrees but knowing nothing, their thinking and reasoning power ends because of rote learning. My dream is to open a school where these holes will be filled and for that I need to get the best of education first. After doing my studies I will go for my dream. I have experienced the joy of learning and I will never stop learning, whether I get to any institute or not, but I will never leave science.
Everyone is disparate, accordingly life takes different approaches to guide an individual and in my case it chose just another unusual way for keeping me motivated and letting me decide my destiny i.e, Cartoons.

Rather than telling life has chosen different approaches to guide people, I feel it is better to tell that people choose different approaches to keep themselves motivated and in your case it the Cartoons.

I still have the same fire in me now

.... "still" makes "now" redundant

but the term "evil" has now different meaning for me

, but now I see this term "evil" in a new light.

it is the 'Deteriorating Environment' and I want to save the Earth and the people from its ill effects andfor that I have to save Environment itself .

It is the harmful acts of deterioration our environment and I want to save the Earth and the people form its ill effects.

Home / Graduate / Life takes different approaches to guide an individual; SOP