MS.c Management / Personal Statement through answering five questions

Hanan125 4 / 9 2  
Could you please help me with my personal statement for MS.c Management, they are asking us to answer the following four questions in less than 500 words:

1- Why have you selected this course , what are your motivating factors?
2-What your areas of interest within the course?
3-What contributions you can make to the course?
4-How do you see the course affecting your career?
5-What evidence of research or reading have you done in this area ?

As a pharmacy student I have always dreamed of joining an elite pharmaceutical company. Right after graduation I was fortunate to start my career at Hikma Pharmaceuticals a leading multinational company and is the largest regional pharmaceutical company. Immediately I knew that having business knowledge is the cornerstone in climbing the cooperate ladder. Therefore I choose to apply to the MS.c Management course, to help me advance in my career and reach my goal of holding a managerial role in the corporate.

I choose to apply for Warwick Business School, due to the fact that it's one of the top business schools in the world possessing an impressive international reputation with world class professors. Moreover, the structure of the course appealed to me because its comprehensive covering fundamental aspects of business. There is also the freedom that is provided by allowing students to choose from a variety of electives courses such as "big data analytics" and "international business". Furthermore, I like the fact that there is an integration of case studies in teaching which helps to combine theory and practice enriching the learning process.

As a student in a demanding undergraduate degree, which involved a considerable amount of group projects and assignments, I learned to manage my time effectively in order to meet the timelines on a tight schedule. I also gained the ability to work independently and as a part of a group. My current work experience refined my communication and networking skills through meeting professionals of diverse industries and backgrounds. Furthermore, currently I'm volunteering in " Injaz group " where I have the opportunity to give career guide courses to high school students , helping students build their future as well as improving my leadership skills. As a result with all these skills acquired from my studies and professional experience and volunteering I believe I will contribute to the graduate course I'm applying to .

In my current work I hold a technical role as a regulatory affairs officer. I aspire through studying MS.c Management to widen my horizons obtaining business knowledge which will add to my current scientific knowledge. Therefore, after finishing my degree I will be able to make the transition within my current company into a managerial role. I'm particularly interested in joining the business development department where business knowledge plays a crucial role.

To further deepen my knowledge in business,I make sure to follow renowned business journals such as " Harvard Business review " and " Forbes ". Moreover, in my leisure time I enjoy

Reading books that are related to different areas of business. One of my favorite books is " Good To Great " by Jim Collins, which discusses the notions of corporate success and why some companies make the transition into becoming a great company.

To conclude, pursuing a masters degree in Management will help me to achieve my career goals , and to grow wholly as a person. I hope to become a part of this world class program where I will have the opportunity to learn and contribute in an enriching environment .
Hi Hanan, after careful consideration, I believe that your personal statement has managed to deliver on all fronts in terms of the listed questions except for the the question that refers to what contributions you can make to the course. Your response is not really correct because it refers to an extra curricular activity that you are currently engaged in that you plan to continue while you are a student at the university. It is not an activity that you will engage in at the school in order to help the improve the course that you are interested in taking up as a masters degree.

The proper response for that particular question would be to present some sort of research study that you would like to undertake as a masters degree student. Explain the reasoning behind your interest in that particular field, why you have an inclination to do further research in that area, how you hope the research will prove to be beneficial in the field, and finally, how the university itself can help you conduct your research and in the long run, benefit from the said research study.

When you are a masters degree student, you are expected to have a particular interest in this type of field that has raised a question in your mind. As such, the reason that you are seeking higher study is because you wish to find an answer to that question. That is why masters degree students often work on their dissertation projects starting from their first year as a masters degree student. It is this kind of information that you should present in response to question number 3. The more interesting your dissertation topic, the more memorable your personal statement will be to the reviewer.

Home / Graduate / MS.c Management / Personal Statement through answering five questions