Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

Essay about mapping my career path in Illinois MBA program

cindying 1 / -  
Question: If you attend Illinois, you will have approximately 620 days to utilize the resources within the program and university to meet your personal and professional goals. In 2-3 pages, double-spaced, please explain how you plan to use this time.

- What resources at the College of Business and the University of Illinois will you take advantage of?
- What do you view as your personal responsibilities while at Illinois for ensuring you will meet your personal and professional goals?
- What are your expectations for faculty and staff to help with your journey?
- How will you leave the program better than you found it?

Having grown up in a family with its own business, I've always intended to pursue business administration management as my career. I obtained the bachelor degree from the top-ranked business school in Taiwan - National Chengchi University. After graduation from university, I've been working in the global leader anti-virus software company, Trend Micro Incorporated Co., as a Business Process Analyst in the Customer Relationship Management system department to offer professional consulting services for company employee users all around the world. I've gained the prerequisite skills and knowledge to map my career to be a consultant via negotiation processes with global system users, professional documentation writing practices, solid requirement analytical skill development, and system training presentation sessions. However, I still think of my current knowledge and skills are not yet enough to be qualified as a senior consultant to provide solutions for different industries.

Regarded as the support department of the corporation in the anti-virus industry, I feel my limited ability to offer multi-industry professional consulting services and reach my future career goal. That's why I would like to pursue an MBA program to bridge my past existing domain knowledge and future profession goal to be a qualified professional consultant. Illinois MBA program provides me with solid business courses and flexible curriculums to help me grasp what I've been lack of and review my undergraduate business administration management related intelligence. Besides, I'll be able to keep challenging myself when learning the courses Illinois offers and networking with Illinois classmates and alumni. The courses, the classmates, the professors, the alumni, and everything in Illinois are the most valuable resources that I will take advantage of when I am one of the proud Illinois MBA students. I will utilize the chances in Illinois to share my work experiences, interchange viewpoints, and most importantly, bridge the gaps in my restricted industry domain knowledge. In the future, I know that it's my responsibility to bring out the 2-year Illinois MBA program accumulative life experiences and professional knowledge when I work in the global consulting firm as a consultant for sure.

When I look into the MBA program academics introduction, I am most attracted to the flexible concentration curriculum design of Illinois MBA program. Especially we are allowed to take business or non-business courses in the second year. To reach my profession goal as a consultant, I am really interested in Strategic Management and International Business as my area of concentration. The versatile curriculum design provides me with the targeted MBA program content I dream of. To enhance my consulting service skills, I'm so delighted that Illinois offer the courses I want to take such as Professional Communication and Strategic Thinking. In addition, I also notice that we can study abroad to enrich the depth of case study to broaden my horizons. Combined with what I've learned in my company as a business process analyst, I sincerely hope and strongly believe that I can derive the substantial and essential knowledge and skills to complete me and enhance my ability to another level. I'll be very proud of being a graduate of Illinois MBA program after 2-year fully devoted and committed studies to be the most unforgettable journey of my life.

The MBA education serves the needs for me and it is a vast pool to gather excellent persons to network with each other, share invaluable experiences, and obtain priceless knowledge after graduation. Besides the class curriculum activities, I would like to utilize my excess time to join the volunteer activities of some social organizations and non-profit organization. The most important thing is to give and provide timely help and feedback to necessary parties. I intend to join the volunteer program of National Breast Cancer Foundation to help with the women got breast cancer just like my mom. Actually I joined some events and sharing sessions to share the experiences as a family member of cancer patient. Through the sharing session and interaction with those family members, I feel warm and inspiring when I see the recognition and thanks from their eyes. Therefore, in addition to some MBA courses, I would like to seek time to join and apply the non-profit social organization or community to help and gain the positive feedback. I hope that Illinois MBA program faculty and staff could help us MBA students not just acquire the opportunities such as business trips, enterprise visits, practical case studies in present company situations, and flexible concentrations on business major choices etc., please also invite us to attend more non-profit organization events to enrich our perspectives to be a global citizen who is not only professional at his or her own business career but also social-concerned about the society.

Upon completion of an MBA degree, I plan to pursue my career in the international global consulting firm as a senior professional consultant. As greater China areas continues to grow economically, I am sure that I can leverage this niche of my fluent English and Mandarin ability to offer expertise consulting services with my background working in Trend Micro Incorporated Co. for 4 years. Furthermore, past solid practices sharpening my analytical, writing, and communication skills help me adapt to the dynamic business corporation environments to be a professional consultant. In terms of my career advancements, I hope to demonstrate my managerial potentials in a relatively short timeframe, and proceed to acquire a key management position that will allow me fully leverage my MBA, business, and personal skills. This short term profession goal matches with my life goal to obtain a job which its characteristic is challenging and so my personality is - optimistic, adventurous, and diligent.

In the long term, I wish to align whatever I've learned and start my own business someday. I know that it won't easy to start up a business but I will remain upbeat and positive to search for the suitable business. In addition, I won't hesitate to grab any chance to develop my future plan and make it come true. Although the bigger picture might change, I will still head towards my target and firmly take chances with no regret ultimately. Via Illinois MBA program experience, I am looking forward to my prosperous future as a better person who knows herself well and being so confident without fear when facing any challenges in life.

Home / Graduate / Essay about mapping my career path in Illinois MBA program