Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

Master in Advertising - my true passion and my hard-working spirit is strong enough

TarlGis 2 / 3  
I am very grateful for your help on my essay - regarding structure, grammar and spelling etc.

Requirement: A one-page statement of your goals in graduate school
- Your education background and commitment. Brief.
- Your career goal or your thesis project and industry objectives. Be specific. Mention the field that you want to pursue and accomplish.

Thank you very much for your help. Below is my essay
-------------------------------------------
Some people usually switch to another channel when commercial advertising is appearing on television while others cannot take their eyes of advertising on television or creative slogans or posters on the streets. It can be considered that I am the person who belongs to the second group of people, always having a strong interest in advertising related things as long as creative ideas presented in every advertising.

The first time I realized my true passion in advertising field is when I watched a Tiger beer ad "The Quest" on the television. It was so impressive that I could not stop wondering how they came up with such creative ideas for a television commercial advertising. After that, I was actually attracted by creative ideas of television commercial or print ads. That was the time when I actually knew what I want to do for my future career.

However, as a person graduating from AAAAAA University with Bachelor Degree of Commerce and working for BBBBBB Bank for one year, I seem not to have much formal education background about advertising. As a result, I want to apply to CCCCC University for my graduate study, majoring in Advertising and emphasizing in Art Direction. In order to pursue my true passion for future career goals, I actually want to complete graduate program successfully with goals I set out for my graduate study at this school. One of the most important goals that I want to gain is creative thinking and concept development skills for advertising because they are a very important part for an advertiser to come up with creative and impressive ideas. Moreover, I am very interested in thinking of creative ideas for advertising, therefore it can be said that gaining those skills is my priority goal and I will do my best to achieve that goal when I have a chance of studying graduate program. My second goal for the graduate study is to master digital graphics and copywriting skills. I actually think that these skills are important and integral in supporting for creative ideas presented in print and commercial ads. Once an idea is come up with, how it is presented and the slogan is used will have huge impact on the advertising. As a result, I really want to gain this goal in order that it can perfect ideas for advertising. Finally, the goal, which I want to achieve, is the sharing of advertising knowledge and skills. I know that there are a lot of things I need to learn from classmates and professors as well as what I want to share. "Knowledge is only useful when it is shared among people". Consequently, I hope I will gain knowledge and experience better through discussions and sharing of everybody about advertising lessons taught and everybody's understanding and experiences in the class so that it can help me sharpen my knowledge and what I have learned in the class.

I know there will be many hardships on the way of gaining my goals but I believe that my true passion in advertising field as well as my hard-working spirit is strong enough to help me overcome those hardships and I have also been prepared for challenges and responsibilities ahead. I am completely confident that now is the right time for to pursue my true passion for career goals and the master's degree that I will receive after having completed the graduate study will allow me to work professionally in the field in which I have strong interest for my future career.

Home / Graduate / Master in Advertising - my true passion and my hard-working spirit is strong enough