Master Motivation Letter - Copenhagen Business School

martinfaura 1 / -  
Hey guys, I'm applying for a Masters abroad and need to send a motivation letter with the usual stuff (what can you bring to the table, why choose this particular program, etc).

I would deeply appreciate if you could take a look at this first draft and criticize it as much as you want.

Thanks for your time!
Martin.
------------------
This is my application letter for the M.Sc. in Economics and Business Administration at the Copenhagen Business School.
During the period of 2006 to 2012 I completed my single-cycle Master Degree in Industrial Engineering at the Buenos Aires Institute of Technology. The emphasis of my studies was the optimization of complex processes and systems involved in the creation and delivery of goods and services. I found this practical approach very appealing, since one of my career aspirations is to start my own industrial management consultancy.

While in my last years in college, I had also the privilege to work an internship at the local branch of the Chevron Corporation, where I learned the basics of Supply Chain Management working as an Expeditor. It was a most rewarding experience, working shoulder to should with the buyers and category managers to ensure the production teams wouldn't run out of supplies. I found it highly challenging and encouraged me to keep working in this particular area.

In order to fulfill my aspirations, and to make my future consultancy successful, I first must be competitive, and that means developing a strong background. But years of experience alone, without any prior understanding, without the proper tuition to set them in the right direction, are like raw energy that dissipates into the environment. It is simply not effective. One needs first to learn the best practices from the best, to study and assimilate them in order to be able to discern which ones to use, when and where. One needs to build a rock solid foundation to launch his career, and I believe CBS will give me one of the sturdiest I can get.

Since the learning process has to go both ways, I expect to give CBS as much as I expect to take. I'll share and discuss with the faculty staff and my classmates my education as an engineer, my experience working in a different culture and my insights about dealing with people and organizations in a country ridden with economic and operational issues; hoping it turns into a enriching experience for everyone.

I look forward in taking part of this Master Programme at CBS. Should you have any questions, please contact me at...
Yours sincerely,
Martin
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
While in my last years in college, I had also the privilege to work an internship at the local branch of the Chevron Corporation, where I learned the basics of Supply Chain Management working as an Expeditor.

In my final year in college, I also had the privilege to do an internship at the local branch of the Chevron Corporation. By working there as an Expeditor, I acquired a sound basic knowledge about Supply Chain Management.

It was a most rewarding experience, working shoulder to should with the buyers and category managers to ensure the production teams wouldn't run out of supplies.

It was one of the most rewarding experience for me, working shoulder to shoulder with the buyers and category managers in order to ensure that the production teams would not run out of supplies.

Home / Graduate / Master Motivation Letter - Copenhagen Business School