Masters of Science-Physician Assistant Personal Essay

TBEGUM01 1 / 1  
Hi Everyone, I am asked to write an essay answering the below question.I believe i have the potential to pursue this career as a Physician Assistant. Please inform me if I have answered the question and any of your thoughts and suggestions.Thank you

Why have you chosen the physician assistant profession over other health care professions? In your response, describe what makes you distinctly qualified to pursue this professional degree. Also, identify the methods you used to research the physician assistant profession and provide examples of how you found it to be different from other health care professions. 500 words maximum.

I believe being a Physician Assistant goes beyond simply treating symptoms to a deeper level of understanding, having knowledge and a willingness to learn. Any good health care professional has an inherent compassion for their patients and a demeanor which encompasses both knowledge and instincts. Most importantly, I believe that being a Physician Assistant is a contribution to society and I am eager to afford my contribution.

To gain an insight into the field, I have shadowed Physician Assistant in the Emergency Department in Queens Hospital Center and The New York-Presbyterian the Allen Hospital. Shadowing Physician Assistant in the ER made me realize the need for a Physician Assistant to have a strong sense of empathy and good communication skills, as these enable them to gain the trust and confidence of patients. Observing procedures such as sutures on lacerations and abscesses being removed demonstrated the high level of skill Physician Assistant need in order to perform such delicate procedures, and the huge responsibility they must shoulder on a daily basis.

In order to prepare for PA school, I have taken courses like Anatomy and Physiology I and II, which has provided me with the introduction as to how the human bodies function. I have also taken courses like Physics I&II and Organic Chemistry I&II along with Genetics and Molecular Biology. Moreover, as a member of CLUSTER (Collaboration for Leadership in Urban Science Teaching, Evaluation, and Research), which is an elite National Science Foundation sponsored pre-service teacher preparation program. As being part of CLUSTER, I have worked at the New York Hall of Science as an Explainer. Working as an Explainer has strengthened my communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, which I believe are essential skills for a Physician Assistant. Through my volunteer work and personal experiences I believe I have gained a realistic insight into the challenges of a career in medicine. However, I also believe that I possess the skills required to overcome such challenges, and relish both the social and academic aspects of the opportunity to study and practice medicine.

If given the opportunity to reach higher, I would do the best of my ability to achieve my aspirations. I do not want to end up like my dad, having to not live up to his dreams because of financial problems. I want to be able to accomplish my goal and show my parents that I lived up to fulfill my dreams as well as theirs. By becoming a Physician Assistant I want to take the profession into a whole new direction. I will not only provide medical services under supervision of a physician, but I also want to develop patient and public education programs, record and analyze research data and administer clinics. It will be my honor to complete this program at your institution, and I hope I will be given this privilege.
robert589 2 / 3  
I believe being a Physician Assistant goes beyond simply treating symptoms to a deeper level of understanding

physician assistant (not uppercase)

i suggest you not to mention the back side of you father
i think every university wants their students to think in a positive manner
holylua 5 / 15 2  
Shadowing Physician Assistant in the ER made me realize the need for a Physician Assistantthat a Physician assistant needs to have a strong sense of empathy and good communication skills, as these enable themhim/her to gain the trust and confidence of patients

Observing procedures such as sutures on lacerations and abscesses being removed demonstrated the high level of skillskillsa Physician Assistant needneeds in order to perform such delicate procedures, and the huge responsibilityresponsibilities they must shoulder on a daily basis.

Moreover, as a member of CLUSTER (Collaboration for Leadership in Urban Science Teaching, Evaluation, and Research), which is an elite National Science Foundation sponsored pre-service teacher preparation program. As being part of CLUSTER, I have worked at the New York Hall of Science as an Explainer

you should combine 2 sentences into 1

If given the opportunity to reach higher, I would do the best of my abilitymy best to achieve my aspirations

I do not want to end up like my dad, having to notfailing to live up to his dreams because of financial problems

your writing is good with academic vocabulary. Just pay attention to subject and verb agreement more. It seems that you haven't yet given the example of how you found a career as physician assistant to be different from other health care professions
OP TBEGUM01 1 / 1  
thank you for your thoughts and suggestions. i have added the below paragraph right after the first paragraph to answer how i found PA to be different than other health care professions. please give ur thoughts and suggestions.

"Medicine and helping others comes with a passion for me; I want to be able help others by curing and becoming a crucial part of their lives. But at the same time I didn't want to sacrifice my personal life to the rigors of medical school, residence and life as a physician and acquire amass debt. Physician Assistants are capable of practicing medicine and have specialty training as a physician."
holylua 5 / 15 2  
"Medicine and helping others comes with a passion for me; I want to be able help others by curing and becoming a crucial part of their lives. But at the same time I didn't want to sacrifice my personal life to the rigors of medical school, residence and life as a physician and acquire amass debt. Physician Assistants are capable of practicing medicine and have specialty training as a physician

You have to show the differences between a physician and a physician assistance through SPECIFIC EXAMPLES. Don't just tell me. It doesn't have any convincing power.

One more thing, "I didn't want to sacrifice my personal life to the rigors of medical school" shows that you are not enthusiastic and committed to attending medical school. It could harm your chance of admission offer.

Home / Graduate / Masters of Science-Physician Assistant Personal Essay