MBA Essay on accomplishments.

dibyapal 1 / 2  
Discuss your three most significant professional accomplishments. Why do you view them as such?

Accomplishments are the mirror images of a person's abilities. My professional accomplishments bear the stamp of my exploits in the four years of experience that I have accrued in xxx.The discernible traits that I have exhibited is not just confined to a particular field rather in varied fields like Technical Domain, Project Management, and Risk Management etc.

The most important accomplishment has been the successful implementation of a proposal that I made to the clients in order to streamline the Build/Configuration Management process. My project was in the initial phases and the tool used was TSVN, an incompetent one from the perspective of a big project though it was available free of cost. Also the day-to-day tasks were too tedious as they were shared by two associates and that led to frequent escalations. I believed that cost is not the only way to quantify the ultimate value of an investment. In order to realize an effective, efficient and disciplined Configuration Management process I proposed the use of Microsoft TFS for build and Deployment activities as well as an increase in the number of team members. I submitted a White paper which gave a detailed analysis of the problems in the existing process and how they could be resolved. Impressed with the idea, clients asked for a Proof of Concept (POC).The POC turned out to be a successful demonstration of my ideas and hence paved the way for its implementation. After a detailed discussion with the clients 4 freshers were incorporated into my team. Hence the company encashed an additional revenue of $17,000 for this financial year. Not only the project status moved from Amber (not in good condition) to Green, but also the profitability ascended from 42.3% to 76.22%.Consequently, I have undergone Proposal writing sessions and now I am part of the Pre-Sales group that takes care of various Business Proposals.

My second accomplishment has been the creation and mentoring of a team having diversity at the core of its existance.The acceptance of my proposal by the clients elevated me to my next level of challenge. The team comprised of two boys from Southern India, one boy from North-eastern part, one Mexican girl and myself an East-indianite aim was to create a team in which every individual has a common goal, which is realised through complementary efforts and cohesiveness. Each of the freshers was having unique technical skills and personal traits. However in its inception, individuals were a bit apprehensive towards approaching each other. Hence bridging the gap among them was not only inevitable for achieving the ends but also essential for stimulating creatrivity, innovation and productivity. I decided to go for lunch together even though some of them hesitated. I also initiated a half an hour of fun activity every Friday named "Crazy Friday". The Mexican girl in my team took some time to join the milee.She needed to be specially mentored as she hailed from a different country, culture and habits. Though reticent in the beginning, she emerged as the star performer by the end of the 1st Project Release. As a leader I didn't mean just to show them the right direction or stick to certain high standards, but rather to sustain themselves in the long run by inculcating the standards of the profession and of the team. In order to gauge sufficient trust and confidence I needed to maintain high standards of personal performances and also to articulate direction and objectives clearly. There had been only one escalation against this team and I took wholesome responsibility for that. The performance of the team vindicated my own belief in my ability to lead others and transform them into future leaders.

My last professional accomplishment is that of living up to my motto of "Making the World a better place to live in". As a member of XXXXX-the Corporate Social Responsibility team of my company I have been involved in many notable campaigns. However my best product has been the "Right to Fight " campaign which was contrived out of the need for awareness among the deprived people about the Rights endowed to them by the constitution of India. I believe that people empowerment is more important than just providing relief. In this campaign we targeted all the parents and adults in Kannagi Nagar Rehabilitation centre who are mostly Tsunami victims. This campaign was my brain child and has now been in adopted in other cities of the country too. These efforts help me justify that the education that I have achieved is worth something and not just for perusal of materialistic virtues. My involvement also helps me in sharing a certain set of values that I have always stood for namely self-sufficiency, dignity, justice and equality.
oscarsalmons - / 5  
Hi,
I have read your accomplishments.You need to write more on your achievements,the essay should make them be realistic.
OP dibyapal 1 / 2  
Hi Oscar,

Thanks for the comments.
Are you asking me to give more tangible information like awards, recognitions,promotions etc
OP dibyapal 1 / 2  
My 4 years in the IT industry has been a compendium of great experiences both in Technology and in working with different clients. I have had the privilege to work on many intricate issues faced by the present IT industry and the opportunity to don the role of a leader and mentor. In a short period I have helped my company to salvage a dying project and churn it into a profitable one through proactive proposals to the clients eventually generating an additional revenue of $17,000. As a Configuration Engineer I had brought about structural change in order to realize an effective, efficient and disciplined Configuration Management process which corroborates my ability towards people management. The success of the team brought into limelight my leadership, persuasive and problem solving skills.My appetite for challenges lured me into greater management activities like Offshore Billing,Risk management and Proposal writing tasks.

My experience laid down the path on which I can reach to my goal of leading a Global consulting firm like Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Capgemini and KPMG one day.

Through my leadership skills and experience working across various customers, I have developed valuable MBA technical skills but they need to be nurtured to fine tune my Business acumen and thereby excel in the field of consulting. I have made presentations to lower management, but I have long way to go to be "Boardroom Ready".

Hence my short term goal is to gain in-depth business management skills which will help me to think strategically about convoluted issues and develop new practices to address the ever changing Business scenario. I will leverage the diversity in the class of Katz to analyze the different ways in which things are done in various parts of the world thus gaining an international perspective. After Graduation I can then exploit my knowledge in some real time consulting role which will in turn propel me towards my long term goal.
dibya 4 / 11 2  
My 4 years in the IT industry has been a compendium of great experiences both in Technology and in working with different clients. I have had the privilege to work on many intricate issues faced by the present IT industry and the opportunity to don the role of a leader. In a short period I had helped my company to salvage a dying project and churn it into a profitable one through proactive proposals to the clients eventually generating additional revenue of $17,000. The success of the team brought into limelight my leadership and persuasive skills as well as corroborates my ability to mentoring juniors. My appetite for challenges lured me into greater management activities like Offshore Billing, Risk management and Proposal writing tasks. My ambition is to lead a Global consulting firm like Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Capgemini and KPMG one day. While Working for TCS I developed valuable MBA technical skills, which needs to be nurtured to fine tune my Business acumen and thereby excel in the field of consulting.

My short term goal is to gain in-depth business management skills which will help me to think strategically and develop new practices to address the ever changing Business scenario. I will leverage the diversity in the class of Katz to gain an international perspective. After Graduation I can exploit my knowledge in a Real time consulting role which will in turn propel me towards my long term ambition.

Home / Graduate / MBA Essay on accomplishments.