MBA (Entrepreneurship and innovation) Personal Statement

zahrareza7828 1 / -  

Personal Statement

Events and sparks of humans' life, career, education, and choices guide them into a specific path. When I was juvenile, my father used to read a variety of economic books in his spare times, and he used to tell us about the economic and poverty crisis in our society. I still remember his discussions about the unemployment rate and its root causes in Afghanistan. This could be heavily felt back in the 1990s when our community was drowned into the river of unemployment, poor economy and poverty. Of course our own family was not an exception at certain times as we have gone through many ups and downs of financial situations. These challenges have triggered me to dive into the ocean of economics. Hence, I decided to pursue a B.Sc. degree in Finance and Monetary at Balkh University in 2011.

Upon completion of my undergraduate program in 2014 and having immense interests in the world of academia, I started working as a lecturer at Turkistan Higher Education Institute. I have been teaching multiple courses like Funding and Investment, Finance and Marketing since then. Besides teaching, I have voluntarily worked at Refah-e-Milat Organization as a Community Mobilizer to increase community awareness in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene projects. Throughout these years, I have developed the passions to help the people in need and to communicate effectively with the people of diverse backgrounds while empowering them to use their potentials and capacities.

Along with my academic and humanitarian activities, thinking of how to have entrepreneurial and job providing ideas led me to start my own business through running an Animal Husbandry Farm in 2016. 9 people were busy with dairy production, animal fructification, buying and selling of livestock in the markets there. In 2018, I established Behsazan-e-Nawin Logistic Services Company. My main purpose of running this company as a deputy was employment creation, making profit and cooperation with NGOs. We have been working with UNHCR/ORD, UNDP and other international and local non-governmental and governmental organizations and have been delivering many projects in multiple provinces. I have increased the company revenues from $10,000 USD to $95,000 USD while having 10 employees on our payroll.

Considering the current situation in Afghanistan, many projects are being delivered with unprofessional and less logistic companies to cover all simultaneously throughout country. These problems take extra transportation expenses, weak management, waste of time and capital, communication hurdles, insurmountable ways' harassment and less local marketing. To overcome those problems, I think establishing my company branches in more than 10 provinces of Afghanistan will be the best solution for those aforementioned problems. The outcomes will be saving capitals, more jobs and local marketing, communication relieves, most coverage services.

I need more knowledge and skills to acquire my goals despite of 4 years of leading my company. In my research, Clemson University is one of the high ranking universities of United States of America along with having MBA Program. Entrepreneurial strategy, venture finance, marketing and digital strategy and management and technology of innovation are MBAe courses which can help me in evaluating complex business decisions, making decisions like leaders and other skills. Upon completion my MBAe Program, I will implement the cutting-edge knowledge and strategies to enhance my company competency and annual revenue while making more employment opportunities for the people of Afghanistan. In addition, I will continue teaching to fulfill my dreams of conveying knowledge to our beloved countrymen and women.
Please do not include an autobiography of your interest in the personal statement. While the discussion with your father is relevant to a college applicantion personal statement, it is irrelevant to a masters degree personal statement. This should not also be a discussion of your work experiences either. At least, not in the manner that you have presented in this essay. What this essay should be doing, is outlining the development of your career interests in the MBA course. A narrative that you only began to reference in the 3rd paragraph. So reestablish the essay discussion to open with the third paragraph instead,

I think

You should never sound uncertain in your application. If you are not certain about what you want to do with your learnings in this course and its application in your business, then you have no business trying to gain admittance into the university for this masters line of study.

In my research, ... with having MBA Program.

This is not a consideration that the reviewer will consider important. He knows about the ranking and prestige of his university. That will not influence him to admit you into the institution. Remove this reference in totality. Retain the rest of the paragraph content.

Home / Graduate / MBA (Entrepreneurship and innovation) Personal Statement