Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

'Medical Assistant Instructor' - Physician Assistant PERSONAL STATEMENT

malako 1 / -  
If someone can read my essay, im trying to apply to the PA program. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Personal Statement/Narrative.
Please describe your motivation towards becoming a PA

Throughout my life I have always been interested and passionate about the medical field. This desire influenced my decision to become a Medical Assistant. After completing my Medical Assistant certificate in 2006 I was offered a job at Providence Hospital. I served as a key member of an interdisciplinary healthcare team for a family medical practice center. I assisted over ten Physicians, one Physician Assistant and two Nurse Practitioners in ensuring optimal patient care and smooth daily functioning around the office. As I walk away from the patient's room and prepare them for the Medical provider I hope that someday I could help people in a similar way. My passion is to help those who are need of somebody to ease their pain, and make their life more comfortable.

Being a Medical Assistant was not enough for me, I wanted to expand my knowledge even more. I became a Medical Assistant Instructor. I lead others into the medical field and help them fulfill their dreams. Working as a Medical Assistant instructor and leading others has helped me realize even more how important the medical profession is to me. From my experiences and from the knowledge I have gained from a Leadership class, I have learned some ways to foster leadership within my classroom and my professional career as a Medical Assistant Instructor. I love my job, love helping others accomplish their dream and meet their goal. As a leader I encourage my students to think big and dream big. I want to fulfill my own dreams and goals and become a Physician Assistant.

Witnessing patients struggling with their health motivated me into becoming a Physician Assistant. From personal experience and working side by side with a Physician Assistant, I feel that Physician Assistant is more involved in patient care on a personal level than Physician themselves. Physicians have additional responsibilities that they need to take care of that takes away from patients time. The physician Assistant I worked with main focus was the patient and taking care of their needs. She formed a great relationship with each patient and came up with the best treatment plan. Each day I spent with her I appreciated and motivated me to become just like her. I want to take an active role in diagnosing and help treat others. Working with a Physician Assistant in the past, encouraged me to work hard to make this dream of mine become true. My main interest is to help patients feel better, and become healthier. As I walk away from the patient's room after preparing them to be seen by the medical provider, I can't help but hope that someday I will be assisting those individuals in the future.

Home / Graduate / 'Medical Assistant Instructor' - Physician Assistant PERSONAL STATEMENT