METAL/COVALENT-ORGANIC FRAMEWORKS FOR ELECTROCHEMICAL ENERGY STORAGE APPLICATIONS

Yemmy82 1 / 1  

letter of motivation for a PhD application in chemistry

Renewable energy sources can be used more easily thanks to the usage of inorganic materials in energy storage and conversion systems. I understood from my chemistry experience that batteries leverage chemistry to store energy in the form of chemical potential, or, to put it more simply, energy makes it possible for electricity to be stored and used safely in the future. Conservation encourages effectiveness and capacity, including the ability to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. My research focuses on green and sustainable chemistry, including various low-carbon technologies used to produce renewable energy from an infinite number of sources. This helps reduce the greenhouse effect on our planet, which is caused by the world's reliance on energy sources with severe environmental effects. My previous goals and research interests were centred on platform chemicals, specifically bio-refinery. However, given that my current research focuses on low-carbon technology and how solid state chemistry supports the development of novel functional solids for energy applications, the programme made available by the programme is an intriguing way for me to learn more about a range of low-carbon technology practises.

The main reason I want to enrol in this PhD programme is because of how much focus it places on sustainable and green chemistry. My profile makes it clear that I have pursued my career in both education and practice, so I am thrilled to be a part of this highly specialized programme because of its cutting-edge and comprehensive methodology. The scope of the master's degree makes me think that it is a complete programme that will help me become a full-fledged materials electrochemist.

I grew interested in this topic as a result of my upbringing in Nigeria. I started helping my father with his medium-sized business in high school. Usually, when I wanted to buy something in Lagos, Nigeria's commercial centre, I would take a hired car or the public transportation system. As a result, I became interested in the synthesis of ecologically safe and sustainable fuels with little to no hazardous emissions as a result of the memories of spending hours in traffic with dirty air for a short distance. My research into eco-friendly fuels started in 2019, when I started my master's degree. Writing an essay on a chosen topic was one of the curriculum's requirements. I made the decision to look into Lagos's pollution and air quality. The goal of the study was to ascertain how air pollution affected both the climate and the health of bus passengers. At the end of my master's programme, I wanted to investigate the effects of additives on fuels, but I was unable to do so due to a lack of ignition engines and other necessary equipment. As a result, I chose to investigate the catalytic performance of CaO in a trans-esterification reaction using waste feedstocks. I published one article internationally as a result of my research, and two more are currently being evaluated. I was aware that traffic accidents were the leading cause of death worldwide, and that low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) account for a disproportionate share of these fatalities and many other important areas. I'm also very interested in finding ways to solve the problems that everyone in our growing world faces. This is something that is very important to me.

The related courses caught my attention since they will teach both vital practical skills, such as how to use various low-carbon technology practises, and skills in energy conversion and storage. These focused initiatives and the associated research ensure that no aspect is overlooked. As modern scientific technologies focus on research to deliver the best and most effective intervention strategies, the PhD programme precisely meets these needs on dangerously poor air quality. The internship will teach me how to develop original solutions for these open-ended real-time scenarios because real-world problems are complex and always evolving. Cross-educational teams also offer vital expertise that gives them a distinct advantage. I believe that earning this degree will broaden my knowledge base and practical expertise while also assisting me in acquiring the abilities needed for success in a global setting. In my native Nigeria, where there is a significant shortage of material chemist specialists, I was optimistic about my ability to succeed. While I've made steady progress, I've also made sure that I have the research and application abilities necessary to succeed in sustainable and green chemistry. I also want to continue the tradition by returning to my home nation with all the information and experience I've gained and setting a standard for the developing field of chemistry. One of my long-term goals is to start a consulting firm in Nigeria that would provide both practical advice and operate as a hub for research into industrial and air quality assessment policies. In a similar vein, I've proven that I'm dedicated to sticking to my field of competence. I believe that four elements-inherent and innate abilities, motivation, curiosity, and real cultivation via study and practice-are necessary for success in this subject. I know I have everything I need to get the best results, so I'm confident in that.

Ever since I graduated from Kwara State University, my main areas of interest in research have been alternative and renewable energy, as well as heterogeneous and homogeneous catalysis. I think this programme will go a long way toward helping me get my PhD and will add to the work I've already done. I also think I meet all the requirements to be chosen for this prestigious and very competitive program. This material research and technology PhD program looms large in my mind, largely because of its outstanding faculty and interdisciplinary approach to electrochemistry. In my own quest for a suitable graduate program, I was thrilled to learn that cutting edge research and knowledge of early modern technologies would make my experience a challenging and enjoyable one. In addition, this programme provides an ideal climate for me to develop my cross-disciplinary interests in chemistry, material science and modern technologies.

It's been going well thus far, but I want to make this into something more significant. I aim to do much more in my profession thanks to this fantastic opportunity. Without a lasting legacy, success is incomplete. Hence, I want to give back to global society. I decided to follow the path of greatness, and in doing so, I have so far made the most progress possible given my limited resources and challenging circumstances. I am convinced that I may pursue a more lucrative career in my chosen subject of study with this highly useful and worldwide degree. In conclusion, this PhD programme provides a platform for my dedication to serve and lead with excellence in this critically important but understudied field. I look forward to an exciting experience.

Thank you for reading.
A proper observation, review, and comments delivery for this essay is impossible at this point. While the writer did provide an interesting title for his post, he forgot to indicate what sort of essay he is submitting for review. Something that he could have mentioned as a part of the title, within the text box, before the essay, or at the end of the presentation itself. I am confused as to whether he was writing a thesis proposal, a motivational letter, or a personal statement. All of these elements are present in the current essay and as such, leaves the essay in shambles / without a proper writing direction.

The essay is strong in several ways but it may not be strong enough or applicable for the actual intention of the writer, depending upon the type of essay he is trying to develop. I cannot offer advice blindly since the student is looking to me for content development guidance. If he will kindly indicate what sort of essay he is trying to write and mark this essay as URGENT next time, I will come back and give the most applicable advice for his writing target.
OP Yemmy82 1 / 1  
Your response is appreciated. This is a letter of motivation for a PhD application in chemistry..

Home / Graduate / METAL/COVALENT-ORGANIC FRAMEWORKS FOR ELECTROCHEMICAL ENERGY STORAGE APPLICATIONS