Letter of motivation for communication engineering

gooner1991 1 / -  
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about to studying abroad. So I wrote a motivation letter. What do you think about it? Are paragraphs properly arranged? Your feedback matters to me.

I consider myself lucky to be born in a decade in which India entered the age of globalisation. With the advent of globalisation in India, the technological advancements took place at expeditious rate. From our first landline connection to my father's first cellular phone (which I accidentally locked exploring the PUK code operations), I've developed a rather profound and intuitive fascination in exploring these electronic gadgets, especially with regard to their construction and operation, even before reaching my teen years.

I am currently pursuing Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) at Guru Nanak Dev University and will graduate in May 2014. The four year undergraduate study has taught me that Engineering is as much as an art as it is a science. Creative instinct, excel fellowman ship and perceptiveness are the very gist of engineering. During my engineering course, I was introduced to the concepts of power electronics, digital communication, data communication and networking and I had developed an instant liking to these subjects. During my 2nd year, I completed an online course Circuits and Electronics, offered by MITx, an online learning initiative of Massachusetts Institute of Technology through edX. I also have received Certificate of Achievement from KTH Royal Institute of Technology and Maladharan University for participating in their respective online engineering competitions. In the final two years, I began to realize the importance of study specialization and started focusing on a specific study area compromising the Telecommunication technology. I, then, took electives for my courses such as Antennas & Wave Propagation, Communication Systems (1&2), Digital Signal Processing, etc. to build my competency in the field of telecommunications. To execute my knowledge in an industrial and professional setting, I undertook intensive training programs at Doordarshan, Public service broadcaster and All India Radio, National public radio broadcaster. The teamwork skills and practical perspective I gained from these trainings will, I believe, help me tremendously when engaging in postgraduate study and professional environment. My curriculum allows me to do a 6-month industrial training in our final semester. I am confident that this future endeavour will help me gain more experience in telecommunication domain and that I will be able to contribute as a student while at RWTH Aachen University.

During my degree, I have completed various different projects such as Missing Pulse Detector, Dancing Lights, Line Follower, long range walkie-talkie, 4 channel 2.4 GHz transmitter and receiver, FM Transmitter for cars, etc. But, my biggest accomplishment was my major project; A Real Time Propeller Digital Clock which worked on the concept of Perception of Vision (POV). The propeller clock is a linear array of light emitting diodes , rotating at a high angular velocity of 900rpm (rotations per minute) to generate a circular screen which depicts a digital real time clock. The synchronization of the concepts of persistence of vision and limit of resolution are the main reasons that a seamless display of clock is achieved. This project was completed under the guidance of Dr. Jyoteesh Malhotra, our project advisor and was complimented by my teaching staff.

I believe that as a responsible human being, we should always set our career goals focusing on lending a helping hand towards others, no matter what we do for living in the future. This prompted me to heavily engage in various voluntary extra-curricular activities aside from completing my undergraduate degree. I have joined Non- Government Organizations (NGO) such as Chaanan Association for Mentally Retarded Children & Bhai Kanhayia Ji Sewak Dal. During my work in Bhai Kanhayia Ji Sewak Dal, I was usually allotted small groups, of 7-8 people, which I had to manage. Once, I was given 1000 sweaters which were to be distributed to poor children. Along with my team, I managed to distribute these sweaters with great co-ordination. Learning proper organisation is part of these volunteer works and I have learnt a lot from it. Being a son of a veterinary doctor, love towards animals is in my blood. I am member of People for Animals Campaign, an animal welfare organization which works to rescue and rehabilitate sick and wounded stray animals and usually help the doctors during my vacation periods.

Aside from social work, I also have taken part in sports and cultural events. I was captain of my school and college level football team and was member of sports committee at our college in my senior years. I have participated and won debate competitions organized at various colleges during the last four years. I was also given the responsibility of going to other colleges and promoting our cultural fests due to my ardour for interacting with new people. As these experiences show, I am highly motivated and proactive at learning new skills and experiencing new things. This is precisely why I have decided to continue challenging myself by studying for a master's degree at foreign university. Germany is renowned for a long tradition of welcoming international students with facts and figures to show for it. The challenge of learning a different culture as unique as Germany is a very enticing option and will certainly shape me up as a future leader in the field of communication engineering.

As I considered my options for postgraduate studies, the Master of Engineering in RWTH Aanchen University has stood out for a number of reasons. The interdisciplinary nature of the program is especially attractive to me, as this will give me a much broader, more practical understanding of all aspects of telecommunications, including the business and regulatory aspects as well as the engineering side. With the inherently global nature of today's telecommunications industry, it is important for me to study in an international environment, and doing so in one of the top engineering departments in Aachen University will certainly give me a unique advantage in my career pursuits.

After graduating from RWTH Aachen University, I see developing my practical skills in the telecommunication sector while working at multi-national telecom company. My role would entail developing, modifying and monitoring the various telecommunication systems and supervising and coordinating with a team of engineers and system analysts.

My intended goal is set up a business venture in the sector of telecommunication which will be more focused on improving the communication network in the remote and rural areas. Creating an awareness of the outside world will provide the locals great opportunities that they didn't have before. I see myself bridging the lack of communication between the remote areas and the urban areas and thus, improving the condition of the people living in these areas.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
I consider myself lucky to be born in a decade in which India entered the age of globalisation.

I consider myself very lucky for having born in a decade in which India embraced globalization.

With the advent of globalisation in India, the technological advancements took place at expeditious rate.

... I find some repetition here. This is what I suggest you;
With this new advent, the technological advancement of India took off the ground in an exponential rate.

Home / Graduate / Letter of motivation for communication engineering