Motivation Letter for International Business Programme -how shorten this essay

lala1111 1 / 3  
Motivation Letter for International Business Programme

accounting was not for me

My father wanted me to study accounting (maybe because he is an accountant himself) and I studied. After my internships in both productional and non-productional companies during the third and fourth year of my undergraduate study I perceived - this is not my wished profession, I have no passion toward it.

Before, I was so sure that I'm in the right path of my academic career because "my father had recommended it". However, even my job (at that time) as a personnel specialist was much more interesting for me than accounting (I left my job because I had to begin writing my bachelor's thesis and this required much effort and time from me). This experience and my previous university knowledge of management caused me to think about management, and especially management at international organisations and I decided to get a master's degree in international business abroad.

My native city is distant to the capital and consequently to most of the facilities necessary to successfully study and implement my newly set goals about international business studies and career in international companies. In order to develop my English skills and prepare for applying study abroad I had to stay in Baku and therefore, I applied for master's degree in our university (again in accounting as I had no choice). There were other reasons too, for instance I didn't want to return to my native city and try to find a job there, because scarcely I could find the good and promising one there because of the region's economic conditions.

Since I began my master's degree here, in Baku I have sought ways of expanding my knowledge about globalization and managing international companies at the global environment. Employed in a local company during my undergraduate degree, I gained the experience and training in the field of managing people in small and domestical firms, but I want more and broader knowledge about organization context, not just only one aspect of business management and not just only in local companies. I want to go global and serve my country by becoming a professional in International Business with a wide practical and theoretical knowledge. This's my current goal.

In the business market there is so much competition that increasing internationalization of businesses is requiring its employees to have a global business perspective and an understanding of the global markets in which they work. International business usually takes place in more diverse external environments than found domestically and operating modes used for international businesses differ somewhat from those used on a domestic level. Fast occurring global expansion of businesses all over the world makes the conception of international business much more crucial and an understanding of organizational behavior all the more important for contemporary employees.

Today, decision making in the international environment is more complex too and having an understanding of the international business theory enables international managers to be alerted to new opportunities. From this point of view, I liked programme's attention to the decision-making processes in internationalization and to the strategies for developing and managing international business relationships. The IB programme at ___Business School will give me a wide knowledge of the different aspects of international businesses which will be helpful for me to understand the international business context.

As I plan to make my career in management, my first goal is to get a better grounding in management, strategy, marketing, leadership and other special issues in international organizations. Learning about these will make me a well-rounded manager, who understands the inner workings of a global company. The Programme will provide me with theoretical understanding, an in depth idea of practical approaches and research skills to enable me develop an expertise in the core areas of international business. I want to learn much more about the factors that affect the competitive performance of an international business concern including globalization, societal aspects and various other issues that determine the success of modern global company - in one word, everything that I don't know and should know about international business and management.

As the programme combines courses from different disciplines will help me understand general and specific features of international businesses, the challenges confronted by internationally operating firms. Subjects such as Strategic management, Business logistics, International entrepreneurship, Leadership in cross-cultural contexts, International business theory, Globalization and international management, Project work in international business and others offered at the Programme will provide me with that fundamental and practical knowledge I need. This is important milestone in my career plan and the knowledge I will receive from this programme will help me overcome various engagements I will encounter throughout my future career as a manager.

Subsequent to earning master's degree in international business I would like to work for an international company as a manager and investigate and learn different aspects of global organizations as it will affect my long term career plans in this area. And, International Business studies at ___Business School will undoubtedly help me reach the goals that I have laid out for myself for the next five years and beyond. At the same time it will bring people from many different business backgrounds to the Programme and expose how people of different cultures think, act, and communicate.

As the IB programme will be conducted at the ___Institute at __ Business School, I will have the chances to take part in the Institute's life, for instance, discuss the challenges and different issues presented by global business and economy and benefit from various activities and seminars held there. The Institute's international focus and aim will help me gain wide knowledge of international businesses and markets.

Now, as I once again evaluate what I really want my career to be, I am counting the importance of this Programme for me. The perspectives I have thought about my future career in international companies have left in me a passion for learning of international business and globalization and I believe, I am on the right path now, anxiously await the next phase in my development and passionate about challenging myself with powerful business lessons that will help me grow as a future manager and leader at international companies. I am sure that I will succeed and receive expected results during the study at ____ Business School, because I am ready both psychologically and academically. I feel that ___ Business School is one of the best places to study my wished programme and the city of ____is one of the beautiful, peaceful cities to live and enjoy studying.
0mkar 1 / 13  
Hi Aysel,

It would be helpful to reviewers if you had mentioned how short is this essay intended to be. Also, if possible, include the instructions/prompt given in the application form.

Regards
Omkar
OP lala1111 1 / 3  
Hi. The essay should be max. 2 pages. I need to shorten it nearly 100 words.
I should talk about the followings in the essay:

* Reasons for applying (i.e. expectations, plans, interests etc.)
* Qualifications to be a successful prospective graduate (i.e. personal strengths, achievements, business related work experience etc.)
* The applicant's personal contribution/input to the degree programme
* Other merits

Thanks,
Aysel
After my internships in both productional and non-productional companies during the third and fourth year of my undergraduate study I perceived the truth: this is not my desired profession; I have no passion toward for it.

Well, if you want to open your own business, you can do whatever you want, and you already have the necessary accounting knowledge!

Subsequent to earning master's degree in international business, I would like to work for an international company as a manager and investigate and learn different various aspects of global organizations as they will affect my long-term career plans in this area.

:-) this is very impressive! I think you should feel confident about it.
OP lala1111 1 / 3  
Thanks!
Don't you think there're unnecessary parts (sentences)?
Here is something I could not figure out how to correct yesterday:
...decided to pursue a Master's of International Business abroad. (is that the proper name for the degree?)

move this comma over:
Since I began my master's degree here in Baku, I have...

I don't see much that is unnecessary. You have a sleek, efficient, serious writing style!

I think all this would be better in lower case letters: Strategic management, Business logistics, International entrepreneurship, Leadership in cross-cultural contexts, International business theory, Globalization and international management, Project work in international business and...

I think it looks better if you use lower case letters, because it shows that they are familiar subjects to you. I think experts don't capitalize terms like strategic management.
OP lala1111 1 / 3  
Thank you very much, Kevin!
I made corrections you've pointed out, have also shortened it nearly 200 words, otherwise, I couldn't place it to the online application form.

Home / Graduate / Motivation Letter for International Business Programme -how shorten this essay