Motivation letter Master accounting and finance

sarahsss 1 / -  
Hi, could someone please check my motivation letter? Thank you in advance!

I am qualified and able to perform well in this program

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this letter to apply to your Master program in Accounting and Finance, starting in September 2018. My career ambition is to work in the financial department of an international company, as controller or auditor.

From an early age, I have always been interested in businesses and in the way they operate.
Due to this reason, when it came the moment to choose my secondary education's field of study, the Diploma of "Administration, finance and marketing" was my first and only option, and then it has projected me towards the related university course.

Now, being at the third year of Bachelor in Economics and Management, I am everyday more convinced this was the right choice for me.
In fact, I liked almost all courses I have attended, from business economics to microeconomics, from statistics to banking, business organization and business strategy. Above all, I have developed a keen interest in subjects like financial accounting, financial management and corporate finance, which are the pillars of your Master program. The courses you offered are specifically in line with my professional goals and I think they would allow me to deepen my knowledge and to gain what I need to start my dream's career.

Moreover, the second reason why I am drawn to xxx is its excellent academic reputation and the international environment it features. I am convinced that, nowadays, studying in an international context has become crucial for both career and personal success, as it allows you to develop a stronger and open-minded personality.

Last, but not least, studying and living in xxx would give me the possibility to improve my German knowledge and to conclude my university career speaking four languages (Italian, English, French and German) and I am convinced this will be an asset for my future career.

With my strong academic background, I am confident that I am qualified and able to perform well in this program. Having the possibility to study at your university would be such a big accomplishment for me, meanwhile having the chance to build my future and possible career represents a huge milestone to reach.

Thank you very much for considering my application. I look forward to your positive response.

Yours sincerely,
Sarah, please do not refer to "From an early age" in the essay. All admissions officers, be it in college or for a masters degree, frown upon such exaggeration and as such, tend to disregard essays and letters that over exaggerate a point of view. This does not convince the reviewer of anything except that you are trying too hard to impress him. In fact, there is nothing in this letter that would qualify it as a motivation letter. That is why you will have to write a new letter that better addresses your goals for immediately pursuing advanced studies even though you have not completed your undergraduate studies yet. You must write a new letter that focuses on your professional goals and ambitions. Tell the reviewer what your career motivation is. What are your immediate career plans? What motivated your desire to study at this university? Your reference to an international education can apply to any university in the world. What you need is to pick one clear motivation, say the training programs the university offers, and use that as a motivation in accordance with your career goals and ambitions. Don't go overboard though. Keep the presentation short and within 5 paragraphs only. Save the expanded discussions for the personal statements and the statement of purpose. The motivation letter is just a summary of that information.

Home / Graduate / Motivation letter Master accounting and finance