motivation letter for master in investment and finance, a help to evaluate

serhanbalvan 1 / -  
Dear all,

This is my first writing on essayforum, thus please forgive my directness. But I am just introduced by your forum and I am in a rush to meet my deadline to apply some specific master programs. These studies are being given by United Kingdom colleges and they are finance&investment focused programs. It is a bit long but most of the schools demand at least 600 word letters.

Could you be so kind and help me to improve my letter an correct my mistakes?

Thanks in advance,

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing to apply for admission to your Master program in .... ... My objective is to be an outperforming fund manager who operates in stock market, derivatives markets, fixed income and money markets. My long-term ambition is to found a hedge fund which is performing globally.

Before I start my bachelors degree in 2007, I had gained some valuable job experiences, especially in the fast consumer goods sector. Despite the fact that I was performing well and I was happy to take roles in that sector, I decided to begin Capital Markets bachelor program which is unique in the country. The curriculum of course modules were covering a wide range of topics in economics, finance and business. This department was established in the School of Banking and Insurance, where they mostly concantrated on financial studies. My personal interest to finance world led me to pursue a new track in my life. During my four-year study, I did not give up to work and I took part-time roles including logistics order procurement representative and inventory reporting specialist those conducted in international companies. I had the opportunity to observe general components of firms as living organisms. It provided me a strong work ethic and helped me to develop social skills with interaction between different operations.

On the other hand, my focus outside the work was to finance area. First, I started to attend extracurricular activities of Finance Club in my school as well as my role in marketing and finance team of AIESEC which is a global student club. Then, as of my third year at school, I took active roles in The Finance Club, as a member of Finance magazine committee and supporting on seminar activities. These activities were providing a communication with finance sector, with its institutions and professionals. Moreover, I started to manage my own portfolio in stock exchange market and I have learnt much from this real practise. After that, I formed an online capital markets platform which was managed as a particular blog web adress. The main aim on this study was to gather finance students around and provide them helpful informations regarding the finance markets and its institutions. Besides, this platform was acting as an unofficial introductory of the department for those who considers to study there. It helped me to improve my academic comprehension as well as my writing ability. Then I attended to an intensive two-week training program which is given by Istanbul Stock Exchange. This short but effective training led me to chase a career in my focus area.

As it was turning into an avocation to me day by day, I attained two professional licecences, capital markets advanced operations license and derivative instruments licence, for the purpose of penetrating the finance sector more. It is obliged by regulations to get these licences for portfolio managers, investment analysts or investment advisers. Soon after, I took acceptance from the most reputable college of the country for the Financial Engineering masters degree where I am recently graduated. My interest for this department was to improve my technical skills after a comprehensive finance study. This masters program is established by cooperation with industrial engineering, mathematics and management departments and managed under the Graduate School of Science and Engineering.

Concurrently, I am hired from the biggest bank of the country in a prestigious position in 2011 September. My role assigned as assistant investment specialist in the capital markets division's market desk. The Capital Markets department of the bank is the first and the leading branch established in this area and raised many talents for the industry, such as the founder of Istanbul Stock Exchange. I have attained several experiences such as fixed income trading, portfolio management, security pricing, bond issueing, money market transactions and intermediary actions. I specialized in modeling debentures, coupon bonds, floating rate notes, CPI indexed bonds and corporate bonds. While the school and the work were going together, I had opportunity to apply my learnings in the business. My graduate project was Term Structure Models, Calibraton and Implementation that is offered according to my particular work. This two semesters long project studies were delivered by me and two other banking professionals, one works for another big local bank and the other works for an European bank. We have learnt much from each other about our different experiences and also I implemented my findings on bond pricing and on my trading strategies in my job.

My desire for gradute studies is determined by a number of reasons and conditions which make this program attractive to me. Despite I have some background education, fast developments and integration in financial markets make this international education essential to me. As this society is being more connected day by day, it is critical to comprehend different aspects. Therefore the multinational environment of your program matches with my desires. The curriculum offered by MSc .... program is convenient to put my goals into practice. Since I want to specialize in investment management in an international manner, this program's contents seem capable to provide me much of my requirements. As I wish to gain an international view in finance and improve myself in modern financial applications, the study in the heart of finance would contribute the best to my development as an international specialist. I consulted to people who studied finance in United Kingdom and their supporting feedback about the quality of education inspired me.

In conclusion, I would like to say that I am eager to gain new experiences, improve my skills and broaden my knowledge of the finance dynamics. I believe I can enrich this program by bringing a high level of energy, motivation and diversity. I am very interested in this degree and I believe my determination and my academic background combined with my work experience may meet your requirements.

Thank you for considering my application. I am looking forward to your positive response.

Yours sincerely,

Serhan Balvan
On the other hand, my focus outside the work was toset on finance area. First, I started to attendgot involved with extracurricular activities of Finance Club in my school as well as myI played a prominent role in marketing and finance team of AIESEC, which is a global student club. Then, as of my third year at school, I took active roles in The Finance Club, as a member of Finance magazine committee and supporting on seminar activities. These activities were providing a communication withme with great insights into finance sector, with its institutions and professionals. Moreover, I started to manage my own portfolio in stock exchange market and I have learnt much from this real practise.life exposure.

Home / Graduate / motivation letter for master in investment and finance, a help to evaluate