Motivation Letter for Master of Production Engineering

dreykusuma 4 / 9 3  
Dear my respected friends in essay forum,

I am looking forward for your suggestion regarding my Motivation Letter for Admission in Master of Production Engineering.
I would like to have some feedback regarding the effective wording, coherency of my essay, etc.
Here is the prompt guidance:

•The letter of motivation should not exceed one page and must be in English.
•The autobiographic section can be fairly brief, since submitting a CV is mandatory.
•Other than the above there are no standardised forms or templates for the letter of motivation, since the letter/s should be personal.

Manufacturing has been proven to play an important role in economic development of a country. The emergence of the US and Japan in the 20th century and the rise of South Korea, Taiwan, and China as the new industrializing countries in Asia has shown that manufacturing sector can be the pathway to a country prosperity. Indonesia is on the right track to develop its manufacturing sector to be the main driver for the country economic growth. Currently listed as one of the world's top 10 manufacturers by UNIDO, Indonesia aiming to move from a country exporting primary products into industrial country exported finished manufactured goods.

As a professional with experiences both in project and industrial operation, the condition above has create a challenging scenario for me. With aim to take Indonesian Manufacturing Company to be a reputable company in Asia, I have decided to pursue Master Degree in Production Engineering to enhance my knowledge and leverage my career to overcome upcoming challenge in Indonesia Manufacturing Industry.

The modern manufacturing industry has been shifted from process improvement oriented into a more balance orientation between process improvement, efficient management, and human resource development to stay competitive in the recent volatile economic condition. Master of Production Engineering in [University Name] offers a unique program with the combination of technical, economic, and management aspects, as well as human factor which would help students to analyze problems from various point of view. I believe this holistic approach would be a key factor in comprehensive problem solving ahead.

Furthermore, as a professional engineer, applicability of every knowledge learned is essential. Problem solving pedagogy adopted by [University Name] in their program ensure that student to learn the right tools to solve the problems. Additionally, industry visit and field studies will ensure the students understand how to apply the knowledge they have learned in the real industrial case. These benefits have led me to confidently select Master of Production Engineering in [University Name].

Being admitted on Master of Production Engineering in [University Name], I hope to learn the recent development in Production Engineering which is relevant to current practice and support sustainable production system of a company. Moreover, I would like to improve my decision making skill through holistic approach of the problems by using the right tools. For the community, I aiming to learn how to enhance the working condition by creating comfortable environment to improve the productivity of the employee in the company.

My extensive experience in the previous work will be a solid foundation for every module taught in the program as the real industrial reference. Additionally, my presentation skill gained from my teaching experience will benefit me to present my idea and communicating the result of my assignment, project, and master thesis. I believe my experience and skill above will ensure my success as a Master Student in [University Name].
cssaasy 2 / 6  
@dreykusuma
Interesting read in my opinion. But maybe make some parts more sharp and precise?
Andrey, I believe that the motivation letter was asking you to deliver some information about your educational background and its relationship with your interest in masters degree studies. Aside from an overview of your college background, you are also being asked to discuss your current training or education in the field of work you are in. Have you not attended any seminars or training sessions with regards to production engineering?

Those are vital bits of information for the motivation letter so you have to be able to present something along those lines. All I am reading at the moment are your future plans and how the university can help you achieve these plans. There is a lack of reference to continued education, which is a vital requirement for all masters degree students.

If you cannot prove continued education, then it will be hard for the reviewer to believe that you are well equipped, trained, or truly interested in this field of study. He needs to see that your previous training has a relevance in your masters studies and it will be an integral part of your future career as well.
OP dreykusuma 4 / 9 3  
Really appreciate your swift feedback.

I do feel a little dilemma in writing this motivation letter.
In one side, I would like to outline my previous experience and previous education together with my passion in manufacturing and my future plans.
On the other side, the university only required the applicant to write one page motivation letter only.
So, I made a decision here.

The education background, my current training, and my professional experience, can be found in a detail on my CV (please believe me).
So, I only mention a brief explanation about that in my motivation letter.
This way, I have a better chance to explore my passion and my future plans in my motivation letter.

I always consider the motivation letter and CV as one set essential document required for university admission.
This is how I prepared mine.

can't wait for your further feedback.
Thank you
Andrey, deliver what the motivation letter requires as an overview or summary of your educational and professional background. Being a one page letter, this is only considered a cover page for your actual application. Therefore, you can write paragraphs of up to 10 sentences long in order to present the required summary. You should not prioritize one section over the other as the reviewer will be using the letter to consider whether he should immediately decide to read your application packet or if it can wait till later because what you wrote as an introduction in the motivation letter was not complete or interesting to him.

Now, the letter needs to be only a single page. That is true. What I would like to know, is if the instructions gave you a font size requirement as well. If they did not, then you can legally reduce your font size to 10. This will allow you to type more information on a single page. Thus allowing you to offer the best, complete information that you can to the reviewer. Consider this suggestion and see if you can make it work for your letter. I look forward to reading the revision.

Home / Graduate / Motivation Letter for Master of Production Engineering