Motivation letter : Msc INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS / Marketing-Finance section

ronjac 1 / -  
Hello everyone, please find my cover letter for my master application. I need to submit it in 3 days ! so if you have any comment to give me it would be great.

Thank you in advance !
Ron

Subject: Application for the Master of International Business / Marketing - Finance

Dear Sir/Madam,
Having recently received my bachelor in business management at the ICHEC Brussels Management School, my ambition of pursuing an excellent business master program has led me to apply to your Master's degree in International Business program, more specifically for the marketing-finance section.

At the age of 21, I am proud to say that I already have a solid international background behind me. A notable example is my experience as a volunteer in India one year ago (within the frame of my bachelor studies). For one month, I worked together with 7 other students to provide help for construction of housing for poor families. This project required extensive preparation, a good sense of team spirit and required the fulfilment of a number side-projects. Not only was this an enriching experience but from a business acumen point of view, I gained project management and budget planning skills.

My international background has sparked an interest on any opportunity to get a broader view on International Business and I am particularly interested on the double approach (Marketing-Finance) offered at Maastricht since I believe, that the marketing decisions that a company makes go in tandem with the firms financial decision-making aspect. This view, that these choices are non-dissociable, further convinces me of my fit to this program, seeing as how this is the same the way I regard business.

Another reason why I am sure I stand to gain from participating in your international business program is that I have always regarded foreign languages as crucial tools of an expanding business and am convinced of their value in my future student/working life and life experiences in general. This mentality led me to study Chinese so as to add to the other languages I already proficiently use: French, English, Hebrew and Dutch. Moreover the study of this new language sparked the desire to learn more about Chinese culture and Chinese business. In line with my international mentality, I looked for an opportunity and fortunately, was accepted to an exchange program in Shanghai during my third bachelor year. This program changed my way of seeing the economic world (Chinese business development) as well as my future professional life (networks).

To go further into detail, this experience first enabled me to go deeper in the learning of Mandarin; I am now able to use that language to make myself understood for general daily life. In second place, I have realized how China and its citizens are critical game players in how global business is done and how the economic world is being defined. I am convinced that a good understanding of the Chinese culture will be key in the future to single me out as a top future partner. As part of my post-student plans, I intend to go further with this Chinese experience by securing an internship at a Chinese company.

Though I did not notice it at the time, even during my stay at China I was conducting implicit leadership, an important trait of future participants at your study-program. Indeed, during my Bachelor years, I always functioned as a leader within the teams I had to work with. Going back to my teenage years, I had already gained experience in the role by leading teams when I was an active member and head of a youth movement of more than 200 children. Being responsible at such a young age, on the one hand, for successfully conducting activities, logistics and educational program, and on the other hand of my colleagues gave me a profound insight into how leadership was important for the end result, in this concrete case satisfying the children, colleagues and parents to the best extent.

However, I have learned that in order to complete successful projects, other skills are also required: I have made it a point to cultivate them and my final bachelor's project is a good example of my efforts since it required: strong organization skills, mutual understanding, respect of deadlines, open-mindedness, accuracy and compliance. The main goal of the project was to identify the weaknesses of a real company and make recommendations based on concrete figures and facts. Proof that I paired these skills with leadership is that my work in the marketing section of the company VELUX, earned me congratulations from the Board of Directors.

I would be thrilled to be accepted for this business master program. In exchange for the program's academic excellence, I believe I offer leadership, a strong international background and a desire to go one-step further than the rest.

I have the right academic record, the right skills and attitude to succeed and am convinced this program is the right stepping-stone for my professional ambitions.
Mommmmo 5 / 15 2  
I am proud to say that I already have a solid international backgroundbehind me .

A notable example is my experience is as a volunteer period in India one year ago (within the frame of my bachelor studies). For one month, I worked together with 7other students to provide help for Housing construction of poor families housing for poor families . This project required extensive preparation, a good sense of team spirit and required the fulfilment of a number side-projects. (May be add a little bit of how you sucessfully undertake this. ) Not only was this an enriching experience but from a business acumen point of view, I gained project management and budget planning skills (maybe more details ) .

Home / Graduate / Motivation letter : Msc INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS / Marketing-Finance section