Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

Motivation statement for MA-Human Rights and Democratization, University of Sydney

Alihassan 1 / 1  
Hi... I am working on my graduate application for Sydney university. Please give me feed back on improvement of motivational statement. Thanks

Why are you interested in studying human rights and democratization?

During course of my career, I realized that there is huge space to work in human rights field; there is dearth of human rights practitioners. Further there are numerous untapped areas of human rights in Pakistan in terms of research, policies and legal framework especially indigenous people rights, role religious parties and human rights, Women Land rights, bonded voters, and others. So once I return after completion of my studies in human rights and democratization, I will apply learnt skills, knowledge and new approaches for improving state of human rights through research, advocacy and capacity building.

All human right organizations, forums, media and activist are based in big cities. Most of human rights violations went unheard and unreported in rural areas. That's why specifically I am looking forward to apply newly gained knowledge and skills for research and advocacy of basic but crucial human rights issues of overlooked majority i.e. illiterate rural Women, Children and those captured communities living in rural settings. Therefore my top most priority would be to highlight their issues by applying and designing targeted advocacy campaign to educate them about their basic rights, constitutional protections, and protection provided by international treaties and conventions. In addition I am also envisaging establishing a Rural Human Rights Forum to create local human rights activist for promotion of democracy, protection of basic rights and reporting of human rights abuses in rural settings.

Home / Graduate / Motivation statement for MA-Human Rights and Democratization, University of Sydney