Motivational Essay MSc Communications Engineering at Technical University of Munich

Wahajazov 1 / -  
Dear Sir/Ma'am,
My name is Syed Muhammad Wahaj Ajmal and I am an Electronics Engineering graduate from Dawood University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi, Pakistan. I am writing to express my interest in applying for the MSc program of "Communications Engineering" at the Technical University of Munich(TUM) scheduled to start its winter semester from October 2016.

You see, most of my family is related to the field of Medicine. So, you can just imagine their surprise when they found out that I had no interest whatsoever in anything related to this field. I always had an interest in analytical and calculating subjects since my school days which is why I always used to get high grades in Mathematics and Physics. I always used to be busy in taking things apart in order to see how they work. This caused the destruction of many of my electronic toys which my father brought for me and prompted me further to get into the electronic/electrical appliances present in my home. I always tried to fix any appliance usually I succeeded though in most cases I ended up making the situation even worse than actually it was in the beginning before I actually fixed the appliance. But I became well versed in such things due to this.

This interest of mine was met with great support from my family who recognized and appreciated my interests and backed me a hundred percent in order for me to achieve my goals. This pushed me to work even harder when I entered university. I struggled in the beginning but I never gave up and always believed that If I work hard then nothing could stop me. "Hard work always beats a genius". It's my motto and so I worked with my professors and pulled myself up the rankings and when I finally graduated, I was in top 10 of my graduating class. I developed an interest for subjects related to Communications and therefore I opted to pursue my career in a field which would give me direct access to related technology. Therefore, I started my career interning at a Telecom vendor company's sub con where I received the basic knowledge and also the overview on the installation of 3G and 4G equipment as that technology was being implemented in my country at that time. After that I was recruited in a one-year Management Associate program at Pakistan Telecommunications Company Ltd where I got experience in different departments such as switching and Wireless and learned a lot as I was not afraid to get my hands dirty and get to the bottom of things. I was awarded for my hard work again with the award for the Top Management Associate of the year and was appointed as the Assistant Manager in Wireless Department.

Still, my thirst for knowledge always drives me further which is why I was very interested when I came across your program as it would give me the opportunity to push forward to learn more in order to expand my horizons even further. Studying at your multicultural university would also enable me to improve my interpersonal talents. I would be learning in one of the best universities in Europe and will have the opportunity to develop myself in an international environment giving me the privilege to meet new people with different points of view. That would be a very enriching experience for me. I am convinced that this master program would provide me with the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills I will need for a successful future so that I may be able to leave my mark on history.

I realize the high competitive demands of the program but I have the ability, ambition and motivation to fulfill the requirements and excel at the university. I am eager to gain new experiences, and, in my opinion, this program is the best way to achieve that. I am positive that the TU Munich and especially the Communications engineering master program would be an excellent start for an ambitious business career. Therefore, I would be very proud and happy if I received the admission for this program.

I have taken help from some ideas and help from some previous essays to get some pointers. I would really appreciate it if someone could guide me if this is alright or not.
HI Syed, well first of all, I'd like to greet you with a WARM WELCOME here on Essay Forum, our family of writers, students and readers alike are happy to know that there more and more people knowing and able to find us in the web crawled age. Moreover, I hope you find this website helpful and useful not only to your future writing and language exercise but also in your daily life.

As I finish reading your essay, what I noticed is the heart that you put into your writing, the passion is very evident, you made sure that the essay will not only depict the true purpose of the essay but also to know you as a person, the writer of the essay and a future medicine practitioner.

As a matter of fact, your essay is actually speaking more of your passion to science and not much to the practice itself and don't get me wrong this is absolutely good. Now, if there is something that I would suggest in your revision, it is for you to try using more formal words, words that embody, not only your interest in medicine, but more so, your desire to help and let your hands touch peoples lives.

I hope my insights help.

Home / Graduate / Motivational Essay MSc Communications Engineering at Technical University of Munich