MPA personal essay- Are these ideas on par with a typical personal statement?

lexis1250 1 / -  

MPA from UTSA - the proper path for me

As society progresses social issues are at the forefront. This means the way people lead, and leaders themselves must adapt to its people's concerns. Policy makers will now be faced with new challenges. Going forward leaders should be reflecting on ethics and culture when making policies. I believe I am capable of being one of those forward-thinking leaders. My unique background in sociology will allow me to understand beyond normal duties, and understand the growing marketplace.

Ever since I was a child I have had an unwavering curiosity and passion for the masses. With that a passion for the how and why.

If there was a charity event at church, I was apart of it. As my education progressed and I reached college I was in awe with government classes.

As a youth, for many summers I attended The Global Youth Peace Summit. This summits purpose was to unite 80 youth from around the world and find commonalities in passions, morals, love, and genuine care for others around us and our communities.

Having a degree in sociology lends a unique perspective to public policy. I understand the innerworkings of groups on a deeper level, and how different communities have a complex variety of advantages and disadvantages allotted to them that affects their lives. My passion is to be a voice for people. Not every community, city, state, or nation has the same needs. Every policy will affect groups differently.

-intersectionality

My goal is to impact as many individuals as possible with life improvement, increased life opportunities, and increased resources. This can be accomplished by pursuing a career as a policy analysist or pa specialist. I strongly believe that an MPA will put me on the proper path to do so. With a MPA from UTSA I believe I can become a leader in innovation in public administration.
Lexis, there is an advancing progression in the personal statement presentation depending upon the type of studies you are applying for. The above statement lends more towards a college application essay. Since you are applying for a masters degree course admission, your personal statement needs to reflect the same information. Your personal information needs to reflect a growing insight of what your professional journey has been so far that has led you to the realization that you need advanced studies in order to perform your job better or diversify your career potentials.

Your intersectionality statement is the best part of the essay that can be used as the foundation of your new personal statement. Talk about what inspired you to become a policy analyst or PA specialist. What is your professional insight regarding this line of work? What professional experiences do you have that relate to your interest in this field? You can give an overview of your statement of purpose to help you develop a good PS by offering an insight into the end goal you hope to achieve. Most importantly, you need to better develop the reasons why you believe that the MPA course at UTSA is the perfect fit for you by describing your academic and professional goals that actually intersect with the mission and objectives of the university or course offering.

Home / Graduate / MPA personal essay- Are these ideas on par with a typical personal statement?