MPH program - GRADUATE APPLICATION ESSAY

FutureGrad 1 / 1  
Hello,

I am in the process of applying for MPH program and need help with starting my application essay. I am currently an undergraduate nursing student and plan on going to grad school right after graduation. I do not have any kind of experience in the global/public health field, but have always been interested in it and dream to one day work internationally in developing countries once i recieve my masters. This is the criteria for the essay:

In 750 to 1,000 words, state your professional plans and career objectives. Please include your personal qualities and development and how they have influenced your career choice; your reasons for this particular degree in relation to your academic background, professional work experience, and career goals; and your reason for selecting your program at [this university]

How do I begin, without having much experience!!

Thankyou
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good evening.

I suggest you start with an outline. List everything that you really want to discuss in your essay, and then go through each one, supporting it with a fact, story, or other interesting detail. Focus more on your ambitions since you don't really have a strong, established background in the field. What do you plan to do with the degree once you have it? Why is this your passion? What is the inspiration or motivation behind your choice?

Good luck getting started!

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP FutureGrad 1 / 1  
Moderator,

Would I be able to email the essay to you so you can read it instead of posting it here??
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good morning.

This is a public website and at this time we don't provide private consultations.

Regards,

Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Graduate / MPH program - GRADUATE APPLICATION ESSAY