'Oil & Gas industry' - MSc in Petroleum Engineering

SARKO 1 / -  
My decision to pursue a graduate degree at <University name> was underscored by my desire to improve my knowledge and skills in Petroleum Engineering. <University name> has internationally top ranked faculty members and great facilities for conducting a research in the growing and rapidly changing field of Petroleum Engineering.

Oil & Gas industry has changed our lives through the recent few decades and I want to play a major role in this change. Being a Saudi from the Eastern Region of Saudi Arabia, where the most important oil wells in the world is, has influenced my decision to become a Petroleum Engineer. I want to be able to manage, direct and work closely with the most advanced technology in this industry. Therefore, in addition to my Bachelor degree, I have studied business minor that consists of 6 business classes to understand the major concepts of Management, Marketing, Finance, Decision-Making, Information Technology and Accounting. These classes have let me understand how to effectively deal with people, understand the time value of money to complete the projects with reduced costs, to maximize the profits and how to market the products for your customers. Business Minor in addition to BS degree in Petroleum Engineering was not enough for me as undergraduate student. I wanted to get involved in Student Clubs and Associations. I nominated myself for the Vice President of the Society of Petroleum Engineers ï University of Kansas Chapter. I wasn't elected for that position. So, I nominated myself for Web Chair of the SPE KU Chapter and was elected by the students to take the position with 100% win. All I wanted is, to be one of the top 5 students that professors have direct contact with and I made it. In addition to that, I was chosen to work as the grader of Reservoir Engineering class by Professor <name>, who was my advisor, in my undergraduate studies at the University of Kansas. I had direct contact with him and I was the student that he trusts the most.

I attended many lectures by visiting Petroleum Engineering professors.

What do you guys suggest to add? what not to mention? any ideas? corrections?
<University name> has internationally top ranked faculty members and great facilities for conducting a research in the growing and rapidly changing field of Petroleum Engineering.

The oil & gas industry has changed our lives through the recent few decades, and I want to play a major role in this change.

Being a Saudi from the Eastern Region of Saudi Arabia, where the most important oil wells in the world are , has influenced my decision to become a Petroleum Engineer.

...I have studied business minor that consists of 6 business classes, to understand the major concepts of ...

So, I nominated myself for Web Chair of the SPE KU Chapter and was elected by the students to take the position with 100% win.---This is great!

All I wanted was to be one of the top 5 students that professors have direct contact with and I made it.

In addition to that, I was chosen to work as the grader of Reservoir Engineering class by Professor <name>, who was my adviser , in my undergraduate studies at the University of Kansas. I had direct contact with him and I was the student that he trusted the most.

Your essay ended rather abruptly. You should add a closing sentence or two, like '..so this is why I think I would fit in well at...'.

:)

Home / Graduate / 'Oil & Gas industry' - MSc in Petroleum Engineering