one sentence starter thought: Graphic Design MFA

rwalker 2 / 1  
Hello, this is in one of my applications. I am trying to shape an appropriate and meaningful response.

here's what they said:
_____'s new president, _______ _______, is creating a culture at ______ that is open, creative, and participatory in new and different ways for the entire community of students, faculty, staff and alumni. Start thinking about how you might help shape that community and the future of ______ with your one-sentence starter thought:

here is what I have so far:
As a student at ______ I plan to share the story of my experiences, interests, and creativity, absorb the stories that others have to tell, and use my own interpretations to foster a better community through design.

Am I being to abstract? Do you think they literally mean one sentence? Is this a proper sentence? Please advise! Thanks.
As a student at ______ I plan to share the story of my experiences, interests, and creativity, absorbing in turn the stories that others have to tell and using my own interpretations to foster a better community through design.

Your sentence was proper, but you can try revising the way I did above to make it sound nice. Perhaps you can add your major to it: As a Graphic Design student at _______ , I plan to...

I like your idea about exchanging stories. You can write:

The exchange of personal stories is a meaningful process; As a Graphic Design student at ________ , I plan to....

Home / Graduate / one sentence starter thought: Graphic Design MFA