My own recommendation letter for Master of Science in administrative studies

mocha 1 / 1  
Please help me on the recommendation letter, I am non English speaker who wrote my own recommendation letter on bahalf of my direct supervisor (She will review the content again). I want to study for Master of Science in Administrative Studies - in multinational commerce.

Thank you a lot in advance.

1. How long have you know the applicant
Almost 3 years since 2009.

2. Under what circumstances have you known the applicant?
The applicant was a sales management trainee in XXXX who rotated to work at Direct Marketing department - yyy (sub department), the department that I work as a marketing manager. I was her direct supervisor both during her rotation in this department and after rotation program (sales management trainee program) since September 2009.

3. What is the applicant's main strength?
Excellent problem solving skills is one of her talents that she shines at. Last time she cleverly solved an urgent delivery task of marketing support products to all branches in 17 regions in time by negotiating professionally with a company's logistics department which supported solely to policyholder department. This brought our department with a new cost effective and express alternative to handle future delivery service. Apart from that she is a highly energetic person, and truly a quick learner. Her curiosity shapes her to be a progressive attitude person. After a few months working in the department, she had clear knowledge and showed her excellent analytical skills in making many useful recommendations on her responsible function while enthusiastically acquired knowledge on other closely related functions, which are Marketing information system and Operation function. Hard working and determined characteristics of hers are such good examples of other colleagues. Additionally, her helpful characteristics and effective interpersonal skills support an amiable workplace's environment.

4. What is the applicant's main weakness?
She too much concerns on others' feeling that sometimes interferes her when making decision.

5. The Admissions Committee would appreciate any additional statement you may wish to make concerning the applicant's capacity for graduate study and his/her potential for a responsible and successful professional career.

I strongly believe her intellectual ability, enthusiasm for learning, hardworking, and interpersonal skills will ensure her great success in her family business's expansion in the future. An education at your esteemed school will definitely help her hone her qualities and ensure her success.
Ngozi93 3 / 30  
Everything is fine except the response for question four. Simply think of a more relaistic weakness you have. Such as time management , organization, and etc. also if your going to elaborate more on strength then you must do the same for your weakness and mention your improvement.
OP mocha 1 / 1  
thank you Ngozi93... I will fix the answer in q4 again.

Nothing else for improving?
raghava85 2 / 5  
Make sure the flow of sentences in your essays and in the recommendation letter don't match. Try to write the recommendation letter in an alternative style that saves you from adcom.
soarer0474 1 / 7  
Excellent problem solving skills are one of her talents that she shines at
"Last time" could be changed into the time of the year to seem more convicing.

Home / Graduate / My own recommendation letter for Master of Science in administrative studies