Essay on what you are most passionate about and skills and achievement to support this

Alex_Tan 1 / -  

computer engineering programme APPLICATION

I am writing to apply for the computer engineering programme at your university. As someone who is passionate about software engineering, I believe that I have the skills and experiences necessary to excel in your programme.

In my first year of polytechnic, I took a C++ module and quickly learned the basics of the language. I then used this knowledge to program an automatic door for the disabled using a PIC microcontroller. This project allowed me to combine my love of programming with my desire to help others, and it was incredibly fulfilling to see my work make a difference in people's lives.

In addition to my passion for programming, I also have a natural aptitude for mathematics. This skill has been incredibly useful in my computer engineering studies, as it has allowed me to understand complex algorithms and data structures with ease. In fact, I was able to complete all of the advanced mathematics courses at Singapore Polytechnic and received a certificate for my efforts.

My experience with programming and mathematics has also allowed me to become a facilitator for the Arduino workshop. With this, I have been able to use my skills to help others learn about electronics and robotics, and I have developed my teaching and communication skills as a result. I believe that these abilities will be incredibly useful as I work with other students.

I have also achieved a number of significant achievements that demonstrate my dedication to computer engineering. For example, I was awarded the bronze prize at the 16th International Standards Olympiad, where I wrote a safety standard for testing autonomous vehicles. This experience taught me the importance of attention to detail and helped me to develop a more analytical approach to problem solving. In addition, I have received the book prize for two consecutive years, which is given to the top two students in my course. This achievement is particularly significant to me because it shows that my hard work and dedication have been recognized by my school.

Despite these successes, I have also faced a number of challenges in my studies. For example, I have struggled to balance my academic work with my extracurricular activities, such as my role as the secretary for my school's student ambassador. However, I have been able to overcome these challenges through hard work and determination, and I have learned valuable lessons about time management and leadership along the way.

In addition to my academic and extracurricular experiences, I have also completed a project for Micron, where I built scripts to automate processes done by PCB designers. This project allowed me to apply my programming skills in a professional setting, and it increased my passion for software engineering even further.

In conclusion, I am confident that my passion for programming, aptitude for mathematics, and experience in leadership and project management make me an ideal candidate for your computer engineering programme. I am excited about the opportunity to learn from your distinguished faculty. Thank you for considering my application.
The lack of evidence to back up there claims are what makes this response lackluster in presentation. The sense of passion through accomplishment can only be found through verifiable claims. Examples of these claims are class honors and distinctions, work recognition and awards, and career progression through work accomplishments. It will not be difficult for the screener to simply Ignore these stated claims since these are mostly unrecorded skills and achievements.

The screener needs a more complex presentation with years indicated and length of program participation, at the very least. You cannot simply mention

As someone who is passionate about software engineering

and

I have the skills and experiences necessary

without providing much stronger evidence and discussion of these points. Right now only the Olympiad reference is somewhat notable even as you finished in 3rd Place. Note that stronger applicants will have a 1st place finish in related competitions.

I do not believe that presenting the difficulties you faced is necessary in this essay. Why discuss a topic imelated to the prompt? It will not help your application any to indicate such experiences. The screener will disregard that paragraph in totality.

Home / Graduate / Essay on what you are most passionate about and skills and achievement to support this