Why do people attend college or university (degree, career, educated citizens)?

divya2010 3 / 4  
People attend college or university for many different reasons. why do you think people attend college or university?

College or university play a very crucial role in the development of an individual. In my opinion people attend college or university primarily for three reasons:

- To attain a degree in a professional course or field
- For a good career or job opportunity
- And to become matured and well-educated citizens of the country who can contribute to its progress.

Colleges have well trained professors for every field. These professors impart theoretical as well as practical knowledge specific to a field which helps a student to master in it. Professors have experience which allows them to bring out the best in every student. And a degree certificate from a reputed college or university always helpful either for further studies or for a good job.

It is very important for every individual to be financially independent in the present scenario. Colleges or universities have job fairs which help the students to take up jobs in their respective fields and also give them a broad idea about the job market. Students are already having a job if they are absorbed by any company in the job fair which encourages them to perform well in their academics. Also students have a sense of pride for acquiring their first job on their own merit.

A college or university helps in shaping up an individual completely. Apart from academics, the college has sports facilities, arts room, inter-college competitions which give an opportunity for overall development of a student. A student can learn new skills as well as showcase his talents. A college has many students of the same age working towards a similar goal to succeed in life. It provides a lot of exposure and prepares students to face different challenges throughout life.

Thus, in my opinion there are a variety of reasons why people attend college or university with the basic one being to evolve as an educated individual in life who can take care of his/her own responsibilities.
lina927 1 / 11  
According to me, most people attend college or university to attain a degree (I agree) and for a good career (I agree). I do not completely agree with "And to become matured and well-educated citizens of the country who can contribute to its progress".

I am sure that students become more mature during the time they spent at college, and it definitely makes them a better citizen and contribute to the country's progress. However, in my view this contribution is mostly indirect. Very few people understands the necessity and right on the contribution he/she can make for his/her country. The government's big picture about starting a university is definitely includes all your three points. However, students don't really understand the third point. Mostly the nation development part is skipped, they just get busy with "my life".

I think, this is big issue. It can be rooted down to school education and parent's behavior. And a parent's behavior could be rooted back to their school education. I think, we should give more importance to ethics, history and one's contribution/right in country's development in schools. I have a feeling that, we don't really learn social science to its essence, and this makes that italics skipped in last paragraph very easy.
Students are will quickly become employed if they are absorbed by any company in the job fair, and this e ncourages them to perform well in their academics.

I think you answered the question in a way that is too simplistic. Anyone could write about the obvious things: learning from professors, getting a degree, getting a job. We all know this. But when you write the essay, you should explore a great theme, like this:

the basic one being able to evolve as an educated individual in life who can take care of his/her own responsibilities.-----this is a good theme!

So... I think you should take out every sentence that tells the reader something she already knows.

Go deep as you analyze this human desire to evolve as an educated individual in life and take care of his/her own responsibilities. Make your own unique observation, and expound the concept you want to share.
elgebaly - / 1  
Life is full of options and choices. In modern life, knowledge is a power for man to success. The choices we make shape our future. After high school Peaple attend college or university for many different reasons. Some people go to college to get new experiences .And some attend college to prepare for their life-carrier .and some people just want to increase their Knowledge by attending the college. And I think most of people just attend college not for only one reasons .Because they want to gain new experiences, increase their knowledge and of course they want to prepare for their life-carrier in the same time .So most of people just want it all. And I think that's the Best for everybody.

College is good for so many reasons. It shapes your communication skills and I think college education secures our future. People with a college education have better value systems and are healthier. They are able to guide their family positively. College can help you qualify in fields you are interested in.

Home / Graduate / Why do people attend college or university (degree, career, educated citizens)?