Perfection is a state in life; SOP/ MSC subsea engineering.

generalshepherd 2 / 6 4  
Perfection is a state in life that can be achieved that is why I wake up every day resolved to be better than I was the previous day. The statement of an American politician Newt Gringrich always comes to mind, 'Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of the hard work you already did'. Perfection is what I seek in my quest to earn a Master's of science degree in Subsea Engineering at the University Of Cranfield

I have experience in engineering and information technology in the oil and gas sector, however I lack the advanced skill set required in launching a career as a subsea engineer in the oil and gas industry. Acquiring a master's of science degree in subsea engineering maybe challenging but the rewards I believe is more than enough to motivate me in excelling in this program. My goals in seeking this advanced degree at the University of Cranfield includes

1) To seek a career as a subsea engineer in Nigeria, with proven oil and gas reserves estimated at 37 billion barrels and 185 trillion cubic feet respectively .but with very few indigenous qualified Subsea engineers, resulting in the over dependence on expatriates.

2) To gain intercultural learning experience that will broaden my horizon in interpersonal relations, which is paramount at the University of Cranfield with its rich student-oriented, friendly and multicultural environment

3) To become a part of the select few, which are regarded as part of the University Of Cranfield's alumni, a symbol of excellence and worth globally.

My previous academic records, I believe also serve as indicators of my innate abilities that will help me perform excellently in this program. As a secondary school student, I excelled in mathematics and I represented my school in mathematics and science competitions nationally. I also performed excellently in my undergraduate studies graduating with a second-class upper division in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and in the top 25% of my class in 2010.

I currently work as trainee maintenance engineer for an engineering consultancy firm (Point Engineering) that provides responsive high quality and cost effective services to clients who are mainly in oil and gas production. My job function includes assembly, repairs and maintenance of electrically operated down hole equipment. I also have internship experience as a technical support engineer at Oando plc a Nigerian oil and gas firm listed in both the Canadian and South-African stock exchange. During this internship at Oando, I researched and developed knowledge-base articles for Dell Notebook issues, resulting in an increase in first-call resolutions of 60 additional calls per week.

I am confident that this degree in Subsea engineering will be instrumental in my objective of becoming an expert in subsea engineering and also the stimulus need in establishing myself as a renowned engineer in the oil and gas sector in Nigeria. I believe my interest in subsea engineering, skills along with my hard-working and flexible personality give me confidence to apply for a place in the subsea engineering program at your great citadel of learning. I am sure that I would be a valuable student and also believe that collaboration with your highly professional faculty will bring me closer to my aspirations - excellence in the field of subsea engineering. Thank you for your time considering my candidacy.
chondamma4 2 / 6 2  

1) To seek a career as a subsea engineer in Nigeria, with proven oil and gas reserves estimated at 37 billion barrels and 185 trillion cubic feet respectively,

but with very few indigenous qualified Subsea engineers, resulting in over dependence on expatriates.

I also have internship experience as a technical support engineer at Oando plc a Nigerian oil and gas firm listed in both the Canadian and South-African stock exchange

I also have interned as a technical support engineer at Oando plc, a Nigerian oil and gas firm listed in both the Canadian and South-African stock exchange.
Perfection is a state in life that can be achievedthat is why I wake up every day resolved to be better than I was the previous day.

.... the latter part is a bit confusing for me... I feel you better re-phrase this sentence because it is the opening line.

'Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of the hard work you already did'

I like if you opened this essay with the above quote. It makes more sense.

however I lack the advanced skill set

however, I lack the advanced skills
OP generalshepherd 2 / 6 4  
Thank you very much your input is invaluable
star101 1 / 3  
I am confident that this degree in Subsea engineering will be instrumental in my objective of becoming an expert in subsea engineering and also the stimulus need in establishing myself as a renowned engineer in the oil and gas sector in Nigeria. I believe my interest in subsea engineering, skills along with my hard-working and flexible personality give me confidence to apply for a place in the subsea engineering program at your great citadel of learning. I am sure that I would be a valuable student and also believe that collaboration with your highly professional faculty will bring me closer to my aspirations - excellence in the field of subsea engineering.

All the lines are starting with "I" . Try putting the second line in the above para in a different way.

Home / Graduate / Perfection is a state in life; SOP/ MSC subsea engineering.