Post Degree in Business Administration Study Plan - UAE Canada Embassy for Langara College

december 1 / 1  
Urgent please. Need inputs before submitting
-------------------
Annex A - Study plan Submit a one page study plan which answers the following questions and includes any other information relevant to the processing of your application:

1. Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?
I have chosen Canada because of its comprehensive and competitive education system. Canadian universities offer a more advanced technological facilities and it is a multi-cultural country. Also, qualifications taken from Canada are recognized and valued globally. The Post Degree Diploma in Business Administration provide a specialized credential for practical application that augments employment opportunities. The program will be valuable in upgrading my qualifications. I have also considered the tuition fee which is favorable with my financial capacity.

2. What is your overall educational goal?
My educational goal is to have a title, a Master's Degree and ultimately a Phd, and that will be attained by continuing my education. I've been a consistent honor student and constantly challenging myself to do better. At a young age, I know that I want to pursue business as I was always fascinated with money. Additionally, my family owned small businesses when I was young. My parents kept on shifting from one business to another because of bankruptcy. For that reason, I urged myself to have a degree in business.

Based on my studies, I came to know that my parents were not equipped with the right knowledge on how to manage a business. For that reason, neither one of the family wants to start a business because of the cliché, that the family is not inclined to business.

With a title, I will be more eligible to convince my siblings that parent's luck are different from ours. We just need the right knowledge and skills in running a business. With the right education, I will be able to share, inspire and persuade people especially when dealing with business management. More so, I will be more marketable and will be able to impress employers on my portfolio.

3. Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence or of citizenship?
I am currently residing in ------- which has limited schools for upgrading my education. In fact, I inquired at --------------------, an international school, and the tuition fee is higher as compared to Langara College. Besides, I only planned of working in ------------- to save and pursue my dreams at a later date. Since I have saved enough, I am now starting to attain those dreams by applying a study permit to Canada.

In 2007, I enrolled myself in Master of Business Administration at -------------- but unable to finish because of the demand required at work. I also shifted to ------------- and was assigned away from home, hence I was not able to re-enroll myself. Since I am already exposed to a diversified culture, I opted to have my post-degree abroad instead of going back home to study. The course program offered at Langara College is more specialized for practical application than my previous studies. With a diversified community, I will gain more valuable knowledge and skills that build a strong foundation for my career. Consequently, I will be able to extend my network internationally.

4. What research have you done into studies in your country of residence or of citizenship?
Based on recent statistics, most graduates from abroad are more likely to get a better job and out-earned those graduated locally. The same apply to -------- and the Philippines. Likewise, I observed that most, if not all of the managers in the companies I have worked with graduated from abroad.

Moreover, the quality of education and living standards in Canada are amongst the highest in the world, but the cost of living and tuition fees for international students are generally lower than in other countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom. In addition to that, Canadian universities are internationally regarded for their high academic standards which are recognized around the world and the educational system encourages cross-disciplinary studies and the development of transferable skills.

5. How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence or of citizenship?
While working in my field, I realized that knowledge and experience are not sufficient to reach my professional goals. I still lack the expertise to be successful in my career. Today, most companies prefer recruiting people with diversified and advanced business management skills and knowledge. They don't mind paying more as long as they can have those who can take their company to an international level.

The Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management at Langara College will provide me a specialized credential that attracts employers. It will be a concentrated format dealing with international management principles and practices and business strategies to be applied in a global context. Moreover, the course also provide social media strategies to respond to current market trends. I will acquire real business skills, up-to-date learning, and more advanced knowledge vital to incline my professional and personal worth. For a successful future each individual has to present himself with an uncommon qualification and talent that separates him from the mass which I will get from Langara College.

6. What ties do you have to your country of residence or of citizenship?
Although all of my family are already in Canada, I have this strong conviction of pursuing my dreams on my own. Since college, I have been living independently. While studying, I stayed in a dormitory and after graduation, I moved to Manila, which is 10 hours away from home and ultimately moved to ---------- for a better pay and save to further my studies. In fact, I sold my car last January 2017 which I bought brand new in 2013 to finance my studies.

Actually I am more attached to my grandmother, aunties, and uncles who are in the Philippines. As per the record, while my parents were still in the Philippines, I never grabbed the chance to go home. I only went home after they left and been home three times since then.

Apart from that, part of my savings are invested in the Philippines stock market and purchased tangible assets. After finishing my studies from Langara College, I foresee a very bright future for myself back in my country by joining any of the multi-national or homegrown companies like Ayala Land Corporation, SM Investments, and Procter & Gamble Philippines with more confidence to secure a job at a managerial post. With diversified thoughts and more valuable skills in addition to an impressive portfolio, having an international education will ensure better employment opportunities and will have a promising career and further utilize this cross-cultural expertise which will set me apart from my peers.

Furthermore, in order to address the cliché in the family, I want to establish a business that will utilize the available resources we have when I get home. The business I have in mind is farm production and trading. I will make sure to use my acquired knowledge, skills and the connections established while studying in order to bring my planned business internationally. I believe that after finishing the degree, I will be equipped personally and professionally to realize all my plans.
May, you need to rework this outline into an essay format because a study plan should be presented in that manner. It is an essay presentation that follows the chronological questions list that you were presented. Are you currently in the UAE and applying for a student permit to study in Canada from there? If so, then you need to adjust your responses to make it clear that you are going to be going back to work in the UAE at the end of your course of study. Connect the ties more to your professional plans in your country of residence, which I think, at the moment is the UAE. Your focus on your family, who are in the Philippines and Canada will most likely result in a questionable application. However, if you can prove that you have tangible assets in the UAE as your country of residence, and can prove that you have assets in the Philippines (with proper documentation), then you might have a better chance for consideration. Your content is laser focused, which is good. My suggestions are meant only for the points that i believe you can better develop in order to clarify that you will first practice your new knowledge in your current workplace, and only after that, will you apply it to the Philippine setting.
OP december 1 / 1  
Thank you for your suggestions. I will make it in an essay format.

I am currently in Oman and plan to apply for a student visa from here. When I leave for Canada, I will no longer have a valid visa back to Oman, hence the focus is in the Philippines after my study. I cannot project to come back to Oman as I do not have any offer letter assuring to absorb me.

Home / Graduate / Post Degree in Business Administration Study Plan - UAE Canada Embassy for Langara College