I got the privilege to study under some of the country's renowned professors; 'background' essay

ashah9 1 / 1  
Describe your background and personal/professional accomplishments, and how they demonstrate your...

Having pursued my engineering in Computer Science from one of the leading technical institutes of India, I got the privilege to study under some of the country's renowned professors, contribute to a wide variety of projects and most importantly hone my technical and personal development skills. I received a scholarship from the Central Board of Secondary Education for securing a top two thousand rank in the All India Engineering Entrance Exam among ten lakh aspirants. This feat definitely helped in the process of my undergraduate studies.

As an engineering student I was exposed to various subjects such as Advanced Data Mining, Database Management, Computer Architecture, Cloud Computing, Cryptography and Software Management to name a few. The continuous evaluation system followed by our institute made sure I was thorough with my concepts regarding our coursework and tested how well I applied what I had learnt in an equally effective way.

During my undergraduate studies I was a part of many academic projects, which ranged from implementing scalable data retrieval systems to building efficient devices empowered my microprocessors. However, my final year project which revolved around maximizing an organizations influence in a competitive social network helped me understand how important data is for any successful business and how scalable systems play a vital role in this process.I was successful in achieving an 83% influence mechanism, and more importantly my work has been shared with various organizations through my college.

Apart from academic projects my experience at the Google Accelerator Program is something I cherish a lot. As our team set out to develop a solution for conducting research experiments on the go, we encountered numerous challenges along the way. However, the final result, an application called CloudLabs was an instant hit, enabling us to win the program but more importantly was consumed by the Indian Institute of Technology Mumbai to serve it's students needs.

In my current role at Intuit, as a developer with the QuickBooks Enterprise Team, I have worked on a number of initiatives ranging from enhancing our database design to solving core customer pain points. Provided that our team accounts for roughly 7 % of Intuit's revenues, I have learnt how to analyze customer problems, come up with effective technical solutions and deliver awesome in an environment where every team member's work is highly critical.

I endorse the fact that in today's competitive world, one must aspire to be a well rounded individual. Along with working on my professional interests I made it a point to participate in extra - curricular activities as well. I have been the college representative for our entrepreneurship cell, technical lead at the Indian Society for Technical Education and a core member of Intuits Next Generation Network. Through these opportunities I have been heavily involved in organizing events, driving career growth initiatives and successfully working on a couple of startups in college. These experiences have added a new dimension to my personality and have benefited the respective platforms in an equal way.

I aim to continue and improve my work ethic in every way possible, and contribute effectively through every opportunity that comes my way.
Test_Taker15 4 / 3 2  
Hello, Alok. Welcome to the Essay Forum!

I have a few very minor suggestions for you. Your essay looks good to me.

1. I noticed that you don't use the Oxford comma, and there have been various debates on the same. I like the Oxford comma, and hence I have suggested a few places where it can be used.

2. #4, I think there's a typo there or that you missed a word or something while copy-pasting it.

#1...contribute to a wide variety of projects, and most importantly hone ...

#2... in the All India Engineering Entrance Exam among ten lakh aspirants... using a number others could relate to outside India would sound better, however, this is just my suggestion.

#3 ... Cloud Computing, Cryptography[,] and Software Management to name a few... -- use the Oxford comma to distinguish different subjects.

#4... come up with effective technical solutions and deliver awesome ?? in an environment where ...

#5 ...Indian Society for Technical Education, and a core member..

*I'm not an expert user, please do take my suggestions with a pinch of salt*. Hope this helps you.
OP ashah9 1 / 1  
Hey, thanks a lot for these suggestions! :)

Home / Graduate / I got the privilege to study under some of the country's renowned professors; 'background' essay