Essay on professional objectives after graduation - what we ought to do with our lives?

wagude 1 / -  
1. Describe, as precisely as possible, your professional objectives after graduation, the position you would like to occupy in ten years' time and how the PfAL programme can contribute to you achieving this.

One of the dilemmas many of us face in life is the tension we feel about what we ought to do with our lives. Should we climb the corporate ladder, find success and make lots of money, or should we seek fulfillment and meaning in serving others and working to transform the world? Can we do both? I have explored the possibility of seeking meaningful work in a world where success is often defined by the kind of car we drive or the size of the house we live in. After examining the ideas of my ambitions and vocation, my professional objective is to become an "Environmental policy advisor" with focus in environmental policy research. I am planning to lead a team conducting research on new methods of devising effective policies that are responsive to our particular needs and constraints. We will work on long-term measures of environmental sustainability that do not overshadow the more immediate concerns of economic development in Kenya. My research will be performed either in a government institution or in combination with teaching as a college professor.

I've contemplated over the position I want to occupy, and while nothing is set in stone, I do have a general idea of what I want to do and where I want to be in a decade. I see myself working in the Kenya's Ministry of Environment as a policy advisor because I enjoy tackling the debatable issues on environment and economic development. However, I think I would ultimately enjoy working in a smaller, more intimate environment, which is why I see myself as an environmental policy researcher in smaller organisation after getting some experience. I also hope to have a family. My career will be important but not as important as my family.

Pursuing the Masters Course via the PfAL programme will be an important aspect towards the growth of my knowledge and skills in Environmental issues and development. The financial support will be essential to my studies since I will not be worried about paying tuition fee. Studying in LSE will increase my personal and professional competences required to hold position of an advisor to a government ministry. The programme will provide me with networking opportunities. I will nurture a stronger 'PfAL family' by getting involved during my time in the UK so that strong relationships are formed and can be further developed upon my return home. These contacts will be useful for social or for sharing technical advice.
EF_Sheri - / 27 22  
Hello! Good opening! I recently counseled a high school student who used a similar opening in a college essay and the reviewers were impressed.

After examining the ideas of my ambitions and vocation, my professional objective is to become an " Environmental pP olicy aA dvisor" with focus in environmental policy research. I am planningplan to lead a team in conducting research on new methods of devising effective policies that are responsive to our particular needs and constraints.

I've contemplated over the position I want to occupy, and while nothing is set in stone(try to avoid idioms; maybe replace "set in stone" with "established") , I do have a general idea of what I want to do and where I want to be in a decadeten years .

The financial support will be essential to my studies since I will not be worried about paying tuition fees .

You have mentioned some excellent goals that I hope are successful. :)

Home / Graduate / Essay on professional objectives after graduation - what we ought to do with our lives?