Question regarding using same SOP for 2 graduate programs within same University

kigali1 2 / 5  
Hi!

I am considering applying to two different graduate programs within the same university. I was wondering whether sending the same SOP (slightly tweaked, depending on the focus of each program, but otherwise, no major changes) to both these programs would negatively impact my application. Would I need to write two completely different SOPs? My experiences, goals and ideals can't change, so it doesn't really make sense to me if I have to totally rework on the SOP for the 2nd program.

Thanks and I hope someone can help me out!
Thors Hammer 5 / 60  
Well, my feeling is that by not writing two SOPs will free the sense that you lack the creativity and passion to write, which of course is considered to be the heartbeat of every university. So go ahead and showcase your talent by spinning the same ball one way then, the next.
SKsagar 1 / 2  
I think you can use the same essay as the base but highlight your interests in the essay according to the course you are applying to
yamenkh 2 / 8  
I don't think you should begin from scratch with 2ND SOP program, instead, just rework partially and remark the paragraphs or phrases you think it will not help you in the 2ND SOP program ,because every program should have its unique goals or aims.

even though,if you have some time ,you can rephrase the whole 2ND SOP with different words but with the same ideas, causes,introduction and ending.

Home / Graduate / Question regarding using same SOP for 2 graduate programs within same University