Rank/ Research/ Faculty members; SOP - MS Computer Science

BLALJI 1 / 4  
I had always wondered as to how I am able to view perfect colors and pictures of program from distant countries on television and watch live cricket matches without any buffering on computers. Cinematic animations and visual effects in movies and games helped in adding more curiosity to my thoughts.

To lucid the shadow of signal transmission and receiving techniques; I pursue for the Telecommunication Engineering program from ABC , Pakistan. During the initial semesters, much of my ambiguity was cleared by designing projects likes Transmitter and Receiver using Analog Modulation and Inter Communication System. In the early years of undergraduate studies, I did my internship at XYZ; Information Technology Department. Working in an internationally acclaimed University helped me in obtaining hands-on experience of a professional environment.

I also learned multiple coding and encoding techniques by taking courses like Signals & systems and Multimedia Communications. My interest towards graphical visualization of signal processing ended up in, me opting for Digital Image Processing course during my final semesters. I was fortunate enough to be taught by Mr. Mudassir Masood; author of the book "Multi-scale Face Recognition". Because of my keen interest in this course and with the help of an exceptionally skilled and qualified professor, I was able to successfully submit my project "Image Recognitions using MATLAB". Undergraduate studies boost strong fundamentals but the opportunity to work at JKL was a turning point in my academic career. Everyday a learning experience and I further groom myself in MATLAB during my internship at JKL. I worked with a team in the Image Processing Lab at JKL on "Effects of atmospheric noises on the transmitted signal".

For me, the best way of getting relaxation is by getting myself involved either in sports or by working on different engineering tools. I have worked on tools like Wireshark, OrCAD, PSpice and PLC, and programming languages like Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) and C++. Being captain of the Girls' Throwball team for two consecutive years, I represented ABC at various inter-university competitions and built collegial relation with my professors and the other students. In IEEE ITech'10 too; I represented my university and won the MATLAB competition.

After gaining work experience at MNO, a multinational telecommunication company; for two years and getting fundamentals during undergraduate studies, I feel a need to deepen my knowledge in the field of Computer Sciences by getting involved into research and my prime interest is in Applications of Signal Processing. Having this in my mind, I chose to pursue MS in Computer Sciences from DEF. The key factor of choosing this University is the fact that it is ranked among the top universities of the world having numerous research centers and nationally and internationally recognized faculty members. The research area in which you are involved has captivated my interest in working with you. In assisting you with the research would be an opportunity for me to learn and contribute positively in the ever changing Computer Science paradigm.

I am hardworking and a keen learner and given an opportunity, I shall spare no pains in excelling and meeting the expectations of the Institute. I am confident that my experience has enabled me to perform well and handle the rigors of this program and I hope to make lasting contributions to the research at 'DEF'.
abhijeetnayak 1 / 9  
Overall very good essay. You can make it great by personalizing the first para.
Wait for someone to comment on grammar.

Good luck
Abhijeet
DACula - / 1  
BLALJI
Some points on how you could change the sentences. Your grammar needs a lot of work. Overall the content is good though.

I HAVE always wondered how pictures of program from distant countries are represented perfectly....

Lucid is not a verb. Use some other word.

I PURSUED, not pursue

WORKING in projects like, NOT designing

helped me obtain hands-on experience in a professional environment.

My interest towards graphical visualization of signal processing MOTIVATED ME TO OPT FOR....

The "For me, the best way of getting relaxation..." line is weird. Change it.
OP BLALJI 1 / 4  
Thank you Abhijeet for you suggestion
OP BLALJI 1 / 4  
Thank you Rishi for your comments. I'll definitely work on the changes
andr3w84 1 / 4  
Hi, I would suggest you modify the following for improved readability:

"My interest towards graphical visualization of signal processing ended up in, me opting for"
with
"My interest towards graphical visualization of signal processing led me to opt for"

"pictures of program"
with
"pictures of programs"

Also, double check your grammar and punctuation. Overall is good, but surely has room to improve.

Hope this helps

Home / Graduate / Rank/ Research/ Faculty members; SOP - MS Computer Science