There are many reasons that Computer Science become my chosen field. Personal Statement.

SabuhiYusif 1 / 2  

PS for Computer Science Masters

There are many reasons that Computer Science become my chosen field. From very early ages of mine, I have always been interested how certain things work such as computers, cell phones, TVs and always tried to create a scenario in my mind in order to find an explanation. This habit never left me in fact, it only grew day by day with my increasing curiosity and age. Furthermore, it helped me to improve my algorithmic thinking and math problems became simple for me to find solutions. As a result, I was awarded many times in math Olympics in our school. I also awarded excursion for one of the biggest telecommunication company of Azerbaijan. Which was the great inspiration for me to see computer engineers working and their reputation at the company.

And after acquaintance with my first computer at the age of 14 I really fascinated about the fact that now I can use my math skills to write computer programs. From seeing the "Hello World" output in the console, to writing only a few lines of code for demonstrating hundreds of prime numbers in seconds, I felt the power of computers and started to understand how should I put my career goal towards to computer and programming. This brought me the place where I pursue my academic education studying Computer Engineering at the University. This currently ongoing 3 years gave me very important skills like socializing, communication and valuable knowledge about computers - it's architecture, CPU, memory and deep knowledge of programming concepts such as Object Oriented and Functional Programming. Participating in events of tech companies at our University contributed my awareness and vision about different kind of new technological innovations and helped me to meet people with the same interests.

As a hardworking student, I'm also keen on to study other things outside of the classroom which I learned independently Android Development from Google's official nano degree course and recently published my 3rd app on Play Store. Moreover, problem-solving plays vital role in my chosen career that I always try different code challenge websites, which codewars is my favorite because it gives solutions of other coders. In fact, reading best approaches helps me to write more neat and optimized code for the future.

Apart from the understanding importance of study I also make time for relaxing. Generally, team sports or games are a favorite pastime of mine as they give me a chance to meet new people and make friends. I created football team which in every weekend we play football with different teams. As a child, I always dreamed to be the captain of the football team which turned out to be the real. I really love the feeling to have the responsibilities as a team captain to keep motivation of the team always in high level and create team spirit. Besides, I also enjoy spending my time playing chess as it gives me ability thinking logically.

Finally, I really wanted to understand more depth of Computer Science and I hope this Personal Statement represented how enthusiastic, hardworking student I am with always prepared to challenge this course will bring.
helloKoreanPanda 1 / 2 2  
I also awarded excursion for one of the biggest telecommunication company of Azerbaijan. Which was the great inspiration for me to see computer engineers working and their reputation at the company.

-- Just a minor grammar correction. I think you meant you were awarded with an excursion right? I think you should change your sentence to I was also awarded an excursion to one of the biggest telecommunication company in Azerbaijan, which was the great inspiration for me to see computer engineers working and their reputation at the company.. -- your sentence now seems like you were the one who gave an excursion to someone :) also don;t separate the which clause. A which clause cannot stand on its own. Also you have several other grammar mistakes, you might want to reread the essay,as for the content it seems pretty okay? I'm a new member though still but I hope that helps :)
OP SabuhiYusif 1 / 2  
helloKoreanPanda Thanks for the comment. I will reread it again and try to correct. But, I'm sorry I really didn't get the sentence about content " It seems pretty okay?" -is this means bad? :(
helloKoreanPanda 1 / 2 2  
I think you really just have to correct some grammars, - I get the points you are saying in the essay, I just think they need proper construction so it will sound more natural when you read it :) - try to pinpoint them yourself first and I'll help you with the rest. As for the content, sorry if it sounded bad to you, I'm actually pretty amazed, you seem passionate in it and the initiative to study is there :) good luck! :)
Sabuhi, you have approached this personal statement in the same manner as one would a college application essay. Since you are now an experienced professional, a higher level of writing is expected of you when it comes to your personal statement. You must focus more on your professional experience and development as the foundation of your interest and the reason as to why you chose computer science to be your chosen field. Develop an essay that focuses on the first time that you developed a successful app for the Google Playstore. What was that like? How did that experience help to heighten your sense of advanced learning in the field of computer science? How difficult was it for you to develop the second and third apps? Were these experiences pivotal in your decision to pursue a masters course in computer science?

From there, discuss how you chose the university that you will be attending. What specifics interested you in this particular university? Discuss the training programs, mentoring chances, and other university specific information that will help to highlight your professional experience with this university. Don't over discuss it though. Just mention it in passing that the full developed discussion for that topic should be located in the statement of purpose. Make sure you create a PS that is just interesting enough for the reviewer to consider reading your statement of purpose next.
OP SabuhiYusif 1 / 2  
Holt, Many thanks for the valuable advice. Now I will try to make it better and relevant for Master program:)

Home / Graduate / There are many reasons that Computer Science become my chosen field. Personal Statement.