Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

Rebuilding Syria - Personal Statement for a Project Management master program

Mohanad13 2 / 1  
Hi everyone, please help me correct my personal statement for a Project Management master program

Rebuilding Syria Through Programming and Networking - Personal Statement

All my live I set a goal to have a strong academic degree, always wishing to get excellent knowledge to do my career in the best way and to have the ability to tech the others from my experience. From the early classes at school I was encouraged to take leadership rolls and was always if not the best student, one of the best students. After that, I have participated in so many activities, including sport, social and volunteer activities. In addition, I have gained a very good working experience in different fields during my study at the university and after it.

Having a scientific baccalaureate degree, I have decided to stay in Damascus and continue my education at the International University for Science and Technology because of the excellent program in computer science major. During my study, I made a lot of projects in the fields of programming and networking. These projects helped me to have a good idea, about how to manage a project and how valuable is it to study every step of every project. Furthermore, I gained the basic experience to work alone or in a team, because some I had to do some projects alone and others in a team.

After earning my bachelor's degree, the war in Syria had been beginning. The work chances were less than before. Even so, I worked in different jobs, which gave me the chances to have a very good experience. I worked in Hot Bakery as a stores accountant and IT assistant. My duties were to control the amount of the goods in the stores, make the orders in the appropriate time and manipulate the system of the stores with the needed changing to give the best efficiency of the work. I gained from this job extra experience of management with the deliver time and the more skills about communicating with the managers and the other colleagues. After that, I wanted to have the chance to try a thing that I always wanted to try it. I made training as an air director and DJ by Rotana Style radio station in Damascus. I wanted to do this training to get more skills by the communication with a huge number of people with different interests. I worked also in teaching field, because I always loved to tech the others to help them to get a good knowledge and to help them in the studying. I worked as an English conversation teacher for the beginners and as IT support at school, I always built my class about purposive videos and stories and after that I lead a conversation between the students to help them to talk and to think about the good ideas about this story or video. I continued in teaching field and worked as an instructor of computer skills lap in in Al-Rasheed private university for science and technology in Damascus. During this time I always tried to help as I can the families, which were brought from the hot places near Damascus to the schools in Damascus. I helped by distributing the food, water and other important materials to these families.

In 2014 I admitted for a visa to come to Germany. I wanted to learn a new language from its country and to get new international experience. On 1th February I arrived to Germany. I learnt the German language and worked in a translation office as a trainer translator and IT support. Because of this job I achieved the skills to communicate with people from all over the world and to know how to work in universal standards. I worked also as a volunteer to help the Syrian and Arab people by translating with their appointments.

I have excellent communication skills. I enjoy socializing with my friends and family, visiting new places and attending several events to get new knowledge of different cultures. I always keen to meet new people. Playing Basketball was always my favourite hobby, it raises the challenge spirit in me and teamwork skills. I was a player in the basketball team of the faculty for engineering and technology at the university. I go always jogging to release the stress and to gain fresh air, which clears the mind and gives more energy to the body.

As an extra hobby for my mind I always read novels. They help me to expand my imagination and take me to other places and eras. In addition, I love to take great photos of different places of Damascus. I have a photographer eye in Damascus and enjoy searching for the perfect places and times to take good shots.

All these experiences have helped by shaping my personality and skills. My major goal is to have the knowledge to be a senior manager that has the ability to manage the different resources and give the best results, with that I can play a good roll to rebuild my country Syria by the excellent management of the several projects and to teach the students the best modern knowledge to help building the modern Syria.

Thanks a lot!

Home / Graduate / Rebuilding Syria - Personal Statement for a Project Management master program