"to do research in alternative energy" my sop for Chemical Engineering Master program

saw0205 1 / 1  
I intend on getting a master's degree in chemical engineering, focusing on energy and the environment. Coal has been the main source of electricity and gasoline has been the main source of fuel for automobiles. Both Gasoline and coal have had negative effects on the environment. I have been interested in how these energy sources affect the environment and how to limit or eliminate these effects on the environment. I would like to do research in alternative energy. I would like to focus on ethanol, biofuels, and hydrogen fuels, reducing the carbon dioxide emissions from automobiles and to focus on solar and wind techonologies.

During my undergraduate studies, I was the founder/ president of Society of Automotive Engineers at my university. I organized biweekly meetings, scheduled time to fix a baja car that had been untouched in the machine shop for four years, and was able to move the baja car out of the machine shop for the first time in four years. I am deeply interested in cars.

During undergraduate studies, I have taken courses in heat transfer, mass and energy balance, fluid mechanics, material engineering, environmental engineering, chemical reaction engineering, and unit operations. I have also renovated and studied how a gas-absorption column works. During my last semester, I earned my engineer-in-training certificate.

I also have worked with and lead groups of people with a wide range of personalities. I worked with an array of personalities when volunteering for Habitat for Humanity and San Antonio Mission Trail. For my Eagle Scout project, I lead a group of people to remove hazardous material from an abandoned property. While spending five summers working for an engineering firm in Houston, I worked with people with different backgrounds. I worked with a group or worked solo to build machines for oil, gas, and energy companies. When I designed the machinery, I made sure my schematics were easy to understand and answer any questions the other workers asked.

I am looking forwards to being a part of the chemical engineering master's program at your university.
My intention is to get a master's degree in chemical engineering, focusing on energy and the environment.

Coal has been the main source of electricity, and gasoline has been the main source of fuel for automobiles.

Both g asoline and coal have had negative effects on the environment.

...reducing the carbon dioxide emissions from automobiles and to focus on solar and wind technologies .

While spending five summers working for an engineering firm in Houston, I worked with people from different backgrounds.

When I designed the machinery, I made sure my schematics would be easy to understand and answer any questions the other workers asked.

Good luck in school and have fun!

:)
OP saw0205 1 / 1  
Thank you for the advice.

During undergraduate studies, I have taken courses

I don't like the way you began both paragraphs with that same phrase. You should say it differently the second time.

Again, here, let's avoid repitition:
I also have worked with and lead groups of people with a wide range of personalities, especially during my time I worked with an array of personalities volunteering for Habitat for Humanity and ...

Very impressive! I hope you solve the word's energy problems. :-)

Home / Graduate / "to do research in alternative energy" my sop for Chemical Engineering Master program