RESUME FOR GRADUATE ADMISSION (without prompt)

chizy7 6 / 52 14  
Hi guys? I have someone I am helping through his graduate application and unfortunately he can't be on EF. I have not reviewed a resume for graduate application before so this is the format I gave him. Help me with the review. Thanks

It's just a resume no prompt. Resume for graduate application.

[Applicant's name]
[Address]
[Phone number]
[Email id]

EDUCATION:

My high school education background started when I finished my primary school, which took me six years. In order to further my education I took an entrance examination into ***secondary school and I got in on merit because I was an excellent student. I spent three years in ***, where I achieved my junior WAEC certificate exams to proceed to the senior secondary school. I took an entrance examination into *** and I was admitted. I spent another 3 years in *** to achieve my senior WAEC certificate considering the time factor, I have spent 6 years in my high school education. I further my education by applying to a university and got admitted to study Urban and Regional Planning in *** university for 5 years (from 2011 - 2016). I now have a bachelors degree in Urban and Regional Planning.

RESEARCH:

In terms of research, I have been a guru since i started my course(urp) in the university. During my undergraduate study, I carried out research based on my studio project every semester which I always defended towards the end of the semester. Most of the research I carried out as an undergraduate were urban renewal, transportation study, integrated regional development plan, master plan design, mechanic village design and also my final year project dissertation, which is the roles of local government in rural socio-economic development.

RELATED EXPERIENCE:

During my six months industrial training as an undergraduate, I gained lots of experience that will contribute to make me perform well in my profession because I learnt how to handle office and field affairs like site inspection and so on. I had the experience of becoming a team leader in carrying out various projects and that developed in me a spirit of team work, to work as a team and achieve a common goal.

LEADERSHIP:

Leadership has been a thing of my tender age, starting from primary school where I was the assistant class prefect and also up to the university level I was elected as the Public Relation Officer (PRO) in my 3rd year and as a Financial Secretary in my 4th year. I carried out all my duties properly with the mindset of carrying everyone along .

VOLUNTEER WORK:

As a humble and dedicated person, I have volunteered severally but to mention a few, when I was an undergraduate I organised free tutorials for the juniors in my department during my free time and also as a graduate I am assisting my departmental HOD in various academic tasks.

SKILLS/PROGRAMS:

I am skillful naturally. I have the skill of making foot wears like sandals. I have learnt various computer programmes like Ms word, autocad, archicad, Ms power point and I am now proficient. I am also looking forward to acquire more skills within and outside my field of concentration.
Chizaram, you have most of the presentation correct in that the sections are the required information in a resume for graduate admission. Just add an objective to the top of the list before the education section. The mistake of the presentation lies in the way that the information is presented within the sections. Instead of presenting the information in paragraph essay form style, it should be presented as bullet points. The bullet points indicating the most important information, without an explanation. Some points for correction include:

1. An objective should lead the list as this covers the purpose of the application
2. Education should only cover college education (university, degree, year of graduation, major/s)
3. Research explains your college thesis in summary form and any additional research done during your professional period. Research done which was published should be included here as a highlight.

4. Related experience means a bullet points list of work experience complete with positions held and responsibilities.

The remaining sections are self explanatory and have to be presented in a bullet points manner as well. I am sure you get the idea from my explanation above. By the way, make sure your friend needs a resume and not a CV ok? Those are two different types of personal data presentation that are often interchanged. The format and content for each is different.

Home / Graduate / RESUME FOR GRADUATE ADMISSION (without prompt)