Review of Statement of Purpose- Msc Petroleum Engineering

Adeola 1 / 1  
Please i will like you to help me with the Editing and suggestions of what to add or remove from my statement of Purpose below.

Right from the onset of my secondary school education, I had the awareness of the challenges posed by developments in science and technology though it was just a little. This awareness became the force that drove me into the sciences. Then towards the ending of my secondary school education I came to the realization of the aspect of science and technology that happens to be the economic Stronghold of my country Nigeria, which is the Petroleum Industry. I decided that I want to be part of this industry and that is why I majored in Petroleum Engineering in my undergraduate years.

During my Undergraduate years, the theory describing the activities of the Exploration and the production of Crude is truly fascinating, an industrial attachment in my third year at GNPC tema Ghana which enabled me to actually visit a rig was also helpful in my conclusion that being a Petroleum engineer is my dream. Crude oil was discovered on the 17th June 2007 and it was termed the jubilee crude, having studied in the country in which this discovery was made, I undertook an experiment to Determine the Asphaltene and Resin content of this jubilee crude. This experiment served as my Final year project and presentation which went beautifully well. I am a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers.

Having gotten a strong basic background, I believe furthering my Education into obtaining a Masters in petroleum engineering would be the right next step towards my career path because this will enable me to be fully prepared for the Petroleum Industry in Nigeria and any other part of the World.
Your essay is looking good. Here are a few suggestions;

Since the beginning of my secondary school education, I have been aware of the challenges posed by developments in science and technology.

This awareness grew into a profound interes t, becoming the force that drove me into the sciences.

Then towards the ending of my secondary school education...

I am a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers.

...Petroleum Industry in Nigeria or any other part of the World.
OP Adeola 1 / 1  
Thank you so much susan. I'll make the corrections right away.

Home / Graduate / Review of Statement of Purpose- Msc Petroleum Engineering