satellite altimetry - abstract for master proposal

daiz 1 / -  
Abstract

Last two decade, satellite altimetry has demonstrated its capability in investigate of ocean current and circulation from space. Ocean dynamic topography and wind speed derived from satellite altimetry mission are important source of information to estimate ocean current at sea surface; geostrophic and wind drift current. With the ... [..]
amrosca 4 / 130  
Hei Daiz! :D
I'll give my best at helping you, but it would be really useful if you could explain a bit what you meant where I put a blue question mark (?) . It would be also great if you would run through the text one more time and try to correct some of the repetitions.

Over theLl ast two decades , satellite altimetry has demonstrated its capability in investigateingofthe ocean'scurrent(s) and circulation from space. Ocean dynamic topography and wind speed derived from satellite altimetry mission are important source of information to estimate ocean current at sea surface (The ocean's dynamic topography, as well as the wind speed have been measured with the help of satellite altimetry, hence it became a valuable information source helping scientists estimate ocean currents at sea surface.) ; geostrophic and wind drift current .(?)

With the launch of high accuracy geodetic mission, CHAMPS, the geoid models(what has a geoid model? the satellites?) have been greatly improved greatlyand help(/in order to) to better estimate absolute ocean dynamic topography, which are derived(/are influenced)(the dynamic topography and what else? - you used the plural)(?)from(/by) geostrophic currentare derived .

This study presents an effort to produce sea surface current in Malaysian seas fromby combinationngofboth wind drift and geostrophic current using multi-mission satellite altimetry data withingathered over a period of 8 years, from year 2000 until year 2008(/starting the year 2000).

Four satellite altimeter missions are involved in this study namely Topex, Jason-1, ERS-2 and Envisat. In order to derive the absolute dynamic topography, Mean Dynamic Topography (MDT) which produces(/results) from combinationingof EGM2008 with high precision mean sea surface model, DNSC08 will be combined with sea level anomaly from altimetry data. (?)[Please explain what EGM2008 and DNSC08 do, because this phrase is hard to understand.]

This study also intends to study(/observe) long term seasonal variability of the circulation at Malaysian Sea using eight years sea surface current data .(you already mentioned the project uses data gathered over 8 years of studies and this is a part of the same project)

The Radar Altimeter Database System (RADS) areis being used in this study to derive(/analyze, determine) sea level anomaly and wind speed (data) . In RADSdata processing, standard data retrieval and reduction are made by applying specific models provided in RADS .

As part of this research, a new ocean current data base system will be developed to facilitate the public to use and analyze the ocean current data and another data derived from altimeters .

It is called(does this already exist?) Ocean Current Information System (OCIS) and will be comprise of surface current, ground truth data , wave height and wind data.
Hi Daiz, the essay was removed because it appears somewhere else on the Internet. (yahoo answers, army stripes)

Do you have any questions about the (awesome) feedback from Ana? Try to use the instructions to improve the essay, and if you write a new draft you can post it here. It needs a lot of changes. Welcome to EssayForum!

Home / Graduate / satellite altimetry - abstract for master proposal