School of economics, Osaka University - My Statement of purpose Msc. in management

gundumzz 1 / 1  
Applying to Master's in Management Science and Business Administration program,
School of economics, Osaka University

I am a man with technical aptitude and in Interest in management. I also have a passion for travelling and understanding different cultures of the world. All these elements have given me a very broad outlook, with varying degree of knowledge in a range of topics. I strongly believe that although some are not related directly, all these qualities will influence my graduate work.

Outstanding academic performance in my school and college, active participation in academic as well as extracurricular activities and work training experience have helped to develop strong quantitative and analytical abilities and good leadership and communication skills. These have prepared me to handle complex problems and have given me the confidence to pursue graduate studies.

I have one semester left at Civil Aviation Training Center, where I will graduate with Bachelor's degree in Air Traffic Management. Civil Aviation Training Center. This is the specialist training center for the aviation industry in Thailand and my degree is accredited by the Thai government. If you take a look at my grade report, you will see that I have passed all the basic principles in the business area such as marketing, accounting, economics, management and the mathematical tool like calculus. And this is reflected by the grades I got in these subjects.

Fluency in German, participation in intercultural exchange program for one year in Munich, Germany and visits to many countries in Europe have given me an outstanding of diverse cultural aspects and parallel differences that exist between the Western and Eastern Societies. Hence, though practice and training in language, communication has become my strongest characteristic.

To complement my educational background, I would like to point out one of the most remarkable extracurricular activities, one year as a Student counseling center for my college has been a rewarding experience. My responsibilities include identify a variety needs, provided access to information, direct student to helpful resources, and facilitate a smoother college experience by communicating with international students of very diverse backgrounds and remaining sensitive to cultural customs. I also participate in the officer team management and ensure efficient operation by budgeting time-slots and quickly mastering all available resources for issues from academic to housing to travel. Those experiences have help me to improve my managerial skills, interpersonal skills, sense of responsibility as well as ability to work as a team.

Indeed, several management experts have pointed out that management is in essence about interacting and dealing with people

Since I was young, life was always a challenge. I have had to learn from very early on to manage everything in my life; from finding a balance between my personal school demands to taking care of my family's needs. My passion for management was born out necessity. However, in our age of a highly competitive global economy, pursuing a course with clear future goals is a smarter choice. I am looking for a course that will enable me to better plan my career by giving me the necessary skills and knowledge that employers require. I believe that besides passion, hard work and motivation, a very good training that Management Science and Business Administration program gives in the subject is essential for anyone wishing to gain positions in both the industry and a career in academia. Since the curriculum offered by your university is designed to build on each student's capabilities, I am confident that I will both grow from and give back to the program.

I believe that studying Master degree in Management Science and Business Administration program at Osaka University will perfectly fulfill my aspiration because It has a full range of business and management disciplines that I need to understand how business functions and the complex organizational issues that managers encounter. The programs' core modules such as Business Administration, Management Science and Management of Technology will equip me ideally for entry into a wide range of graduate management positions by enabling me to absorb and make sense of new areas quickly and effectively.

Because of the wide range of management roles and overall academic excellence your Management Science and Business Administration program program offers, it's my strongest belief that I will greatly benefit from the opportunities for intellectual and practical development provided by a sustained period of graduate study. It is my belief that a stronger education will help me to truly succeed in both the academia and industry by diminishing my shortcomings and improving my talents.

When many people whom I knew would like to recommend me for a great school of Economics in Japan, they all suggested me to study at Osaka University. Your great University is known for its famous reputation and famous among Thai business firm. I am confident that my academic, relevant experience will have prepared me for applying for the Management Science and Business Administration program, School of economics, Osaka University, and my unique abilities will enable me to contribute significantly towards my objective.

Once I gained a fuller understanding of Business and its application in the business world I plan to return to Bangkok and seek a position in business company. I fell that the knowledge and exposure I will get from this course and from studying in Japan will help me reach my career goals and prepare me better for my working life. I have decided to leave Thailand to study in Japan not only to increase my skills and knowledge but to gain a different culture, and of course to learn new language. The efficiency of Osaka has always fascinated me. It will allow me to compare and cooperate in a diverse environment, with people representing the excellence of the world, I would have a huge honor.

In addition, from my experience gained from university and work, you will find me well organized, active, friendly, and problem solving. I thrive on new challenges, a head in approach to education, constant striving for improvement and along with my desire to lean will prove to you that I am a great student. I wish your kind consideration for having me to as a meaningful student in the class and be a part of a great Economics school and one day you will be proud to count me as an alumnus.

---

thx in advance
Neeta 5 / 38  
Personally, somewhere you are wordy.

Secondly, need to organise paragraphs. Otherwise, I liked it :-)
OP gundumzz 1 / 1  
please help me correct this

--------

I was interested not only in the modules on Aviation Management but also in the Business and Management Science and I realized how important these are to combine the traditional benefits of Business with a focus on the aviation sector resulting in maximum value for Business in aviation. And I would like to understand the industry's complexities from a business management perspective and apply to aviation industry.

The need to build up my knowledge in business administration and the deep interest for aviation have led me a passion to attend the Management Science and Business Administration program . I'm also looking to boost my skills and education to move to the next level of management.
kchafe 2 / 6  
It is tough to correct them without the context of the entire essay, but I gave it a shot! Here is how I would correct them:

I am interested in both modules on Aviation Management and Business and Management Science.I believe that both of these fields are important because they combine the traditional benefits of Business with a focus on the aviation sector; this results in maximum value for Business in aviation. I would like to understand the industry's complexities from a business management perspective and apply this knowledge to the to aviation industry.

The need to build up my knowledge in business administration, along with my deep interest in aviation, has strengthened my desire to attend the Management Science and Business Administration program. This program would add to my skill-set and education, allowing me to move on to the next level of management.

Good luck!

Home / Graduate / School of economics, Osaka University - My Statement of purpose Msc. in management