Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

'To have several global and multinational clients' - Goals for an MBA Application

qadirv 3 / 9  
We would like to understand your short and long-term career goals. Please describe where you see yourself in 5 years and 10 years time and identify how you see the ABC MBA program assisting in these goals. (Not to exceed 500 words)

Goals are the steps one takes to achieve their dreams. My dream is to own and run my own software company. Each goal that I have achieved has been a stepping stone to an even larger goal. For example, I took the decision to take up Computer science in school, with the aim of becoming an Engineer. Having achieved this goal, my next major goal is to own and run my own software company. To accomplish this, there are smaller goals I need to achieve first before I set out to start my company. The first would be to complete an MBA, and then to work as a consultant, to provide technology solutions to clients across the globe.

I have spent my entire professional career as a software developer, and have always deliverd results in terms of my technical expertise. While working in my current organization (ABCSoftware) I have been responsible for developing over 15 websites with content management systems, just in the first year itself; most of them being developed simultaneously. As I have grown in this organization, so have my responsibilities, towards clients, peers and my superiors. Although I still hold the position of Software developer, my responsibilities now include, project planning and scheduling, cost estimations, client coordination and also mentoring of junior developers. In spite of handling these responsibilities, I find that I have a lot to improve on some of my managerial skills like delegation. Having come from an educational background of science and technology, there are quite a few business fundamentals that I need to familiarize myself with. My immediate goal is to overcome my managerial shortcomings. Pursuing an MBA at ABC will definitely help me with that.

In 5 years' time, I see myself as a successful consultant, on the verge of a move to start his own business. The 5 years that I would spend in the industry would be sufficient experience to begin my own business. The Experiential Learning program at ABC, is something I will look forward to. Having always been a hands on learner; learning in an actual business environment would be highly advantageous for me once I graduate. Analyzing and assessing a business for its viability is fantastic opportunity for me assess the needs of my own business and what those requirements are. Additionally, it will also help me to practically implement the skills I have learnt over the past months and gain a deeper understanding of the business process. This is how I believe the ABC MBA will help me pursue my goals.

In 10 year' time, I aim to have successfully taken my business forward and have several global and multinational clients. By this time I believe I could have a workforce of around 100 people working for me, and at this stage I hope to have offices in at least three different cities in the world.

Hi,

Looking for feedabck on the end of my essay. thanks a lot. Also feedback on the overall structure and grammar appreciated.

Home / Graduate / 'To have several global and multinational clients' - Goals for an MBA Application