Can someone help me with my SOP? My study and research on Portuguese literature

aluisaguimaraes 1 / -  
When I was sixteen I started to buy books online, one of the moments I cherished the most was to receive an email telling me that my order had been shipped and I began to guess the way the books were going to come home. Since then, I have decided to work with literature and it led me to the University of xxxx in 2008.

My motivation of further study and research on portuguese literature has everything to do with my experience as student in addition to my language teaching career.

During my time in college, I have had the privilege of studying portuguese language and literature along with english language and literature, teaching-learning process; and little by little I could develop critical thinking in the field and became a passionate teacher.

In October 2009 I volunteered to participate in the biennial International Book Fair of xxxxx as a storyteller. I spent ten days enhancing children's' imagination, providing maybe their first literary experience. Soon after, I joined a social project to help teenagers, from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds, to use their own experiences and local environment to mainly develop their creative writing skills.

My extracurricular activities, my passion for teaching and the good connections I was building through my academic life gave me the opportunity to be part, first, as a trainee english teacher and then assistant coordinator at the languages ​​and informatics program of the

University of xxxx, from March 2011 to November 2013.

Early 2012, I have successfully concluded my BA in Portuguese and English language writing a final paper about how we can use brazilian popular music to stimulate portuguese language students writing skills and critical thinking. I got a 10/10 quality score on this work.

The more I studied and worked, the more I was convinced that I needed an international experience. And then, in December of 2013, I started to teach Portuguese as a foreign language in Mexico City. Two years teaching Portuguese as a foreign language in Mexico City made me a better problem solver, more intelligent and independent, fluent spanish speaker and also a brazilian culture teacher.

I landed in Bogota, Colombia, in December of 2015 to be an instructional portuguese material developer, and CELPE-Bras (Certificate of Proficiency in the Portuguese Language) course creator. I led the project implemented at xxxxxx.

In March 2016, I published my first eBook called "Guia prático de como aprender portuguęs online". Result of constant research, work experience and education innovation.

Back in Brazil, I teach Portuguese as foreign language, I am constantly creating content for Portuguese language course. The online magazine Revista Férias was launched two months ago, a project which I made part as editor, planner and organizer of its content. I could proudly make

a project real that involves education and entertainment, bringing another perspective to the teaching-learning process of portuguese as a foreign language.

Gladly my professional accomplishments in the field of portuguese and english language are directly related to conference presentations at National and International events and Congress that I had the opportunity to participate as a speaker.

As a qualified Portuguese teacher and student with considerable experience, I feel capable of facing the challenge of pursuing MA in Portuguese at the xxxxxxxxxxxx to contribute better to the program and certainly have the great opportunity to learn with great professors, such as xxxxxxx and xxxxxx in addition to the good course work contents of the graduate program. My ambition is that after completing MA in Portuguese to pursue PhD program at your university as well. I am interested in second language acquisition, especially Portuguese, that's why I'm also applying for a Teacher Assistant position. I look forward to becoming a member of the student community from spring of 2017.
admission2012 - / 477 90  
Hello,

Whenever you write a SOP the main questions that should be answered in your SOP are 1 Why this program and 2 Why this program now? You should, if possibly, explicitly answer these questions. After reading your sop, I still do not know why you desire to take this program and why now. All you state is that you desire to go on to complete the doctorate program but again the question is why now and why this school. - Selective Admissions

Home / Graduate / Can someone help me with my SOP? My study and research on Portuguese literature