Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

SOP for Ph.D. in chemical engineering (membrane-polymer-nanocomposite)

sepanta1386 1 / -  
I intend to continue my studies in the field of Chemical Engineering, especially in Membrane Separations, Polymer or Nanocomposite.
After high school, I found that I loved chemistry. Since my main interest was actually in the industrial application of chemistry, I decided to choose Chemical Engineering as my major in the university.

I continued my education in Isfahan University of Technology (IUT), one of the best universities of Iran. Although my average grade (14.11) seems to be low, in comparison to the average grade of our Department in IUT (13.37), it shows my endeavor. I took some courses and made some search in polymer under the supervision of our department's best faculty members and then I began shaping my goals in continuing my studies in Polymer branch. My B.S. Project titled "Designing Cold Adhesives for Rubber Lining" was under the Supervision of Professor XXX. During these activities, I became familiar with Rubber Technology and found myself very interested in this area.

I did some research such as "Identification of Polymeric Material of Non-Metal Valve Used in Compressors", "Feasibility Study of Production of Tri Chloroiso Cyanuric Acid in Nirou Chlor Co.", "Identification of Chemical Processes' Bottlenecks in Esfahan's Mobarakeh Steel Co." and "Database of Chemical Manufacturer and Consumer in Isfahan Industries" in Isfahan Science and Technology Town (ISTT); and I was the head Researcher of most of them. These projects helped me to think independently along the teamwork. They were the best research experiences I had in my life; they made me learn how to be precise and patient to get the best results. After that, I wanted to experience manufacturing jobs; I had already been involved as a Technical Manager in XXX Co., one of the manufacturers of rubber parts in Iran.

Due to my interest in Chemical Engineering, I planned to continue my education in this field for M.Sc. and I was admitted to IUT. The climax of my research activities was during my thesis for M.Sc., I chose Professor XXX as my advisor since he was knowledgeable and experienced in my appealing research area, polymeric membrane. While working on my thesis, I did a lot of research in this field and managed to publish 2 conference papers and to submit one journal paper. Besides my study, I am involved in research activities in XXX Co., a manufacturer of plastic parts (especially polyamides parts) in Iran, as a Research and Development manger. I learned a lot in that period socially and academically and found out how to express and use my knowledge. Now I'm working as a Process Engineer of Polymerization Unit in XXX (X ranks as the largest and technologically most advanced man-made fiber manufacturer in Iran).

My ultimate goal is to gain professional research strength in the field of Chemical Engineering to be able to join other researchers for overcoming challenges the world is facing for retrieving useful information. And for that, as a more specific plan, after I finish my Ph.D. program, I want to be a university professor and inspire the same interest and motivation in my students. Hence I began my investigations, and my enquiries led me to the idea that University of Virginia Tech as a prestigious university in my field of interest with expert faculties was the one that could make my dreams come true. I have carefully checked researched activities done there and found them extremely novel and I also talked to some people who were somehow familiar with University of Virginia Tech and they all approved of my intention and admired my choice. So, now I feel greatly honored if I can find my way to University of Virginia Tech where I am quite confident will enrich my knowledge and asset as would be professor with a good experience and background.

Thank you in advance for your consideration,

Home / Graduate / SOP for Ph.D. in chemical engineering (membrane-polymer-nanocomposite)