SOP for MS in Computer Science for 2016 - answering questions

kaustubh 1 / 1  
Career and academic objectives
My long term career and academic objective is to pursue PhD program after completing MS, so that I could go back to India with latest knowledge available in the world to teach computer science to my countrymen. Under the dynamic leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi India is poised to become a software giant in the years to come and I would like to make my small contribution towards this.

Personal background
My father bought me second hand computer when I was in 8th grade most of the time I spent either playing games on it or creating ppts for fun . I always felt curious about how the picture is getting displayed on the screen and how its executing itself with just a click of a button .It was only after completing my 10th , I took up computers as an extra subject and this is where I was introduced to the term 'programming' .We use to write simple programmes such as factorial, fibonacci series, simple calculator and from here the journey to know more about this machine begin and hence I decided to pursue my career further in this field.

Academic background
I pursued Bachelors Degree in Computer Applications from VIPS , affiliated to GGS Indraprastha University of Delhi in Computer Applications . During BCA, I studied almost all basic computer science papers which helped me to build a strong foundation to go for higher studies . I was introduced to basic programming languages of C, C++ ,java . During my last semester I developed a project known as "Library Management System" which performed basic operations such as issuing of book, borrowers details and storing book details, the program was written in visual basic. Subsequent to earning the BCA degree, I joined Master's degree in Computer Applications in 2012 from National Institute of Technology(NIT), Kurukshetra, which is one of the premier institution for technology in India. During MCA, subjects like Data Structures ,Operating Systems, Numerical Methods, Software Engineering, Databases etc were my area of focus. In almost all semesters of MCA I have secured 7 points out of 10 CGPA on an average.

Professional Background
During the last semester of my Master's degree program I did internship with Rancore Technolgies Ltd, a Reliance group company(Reliance is India's largest private sector business house.). During my training I was involved in developing application which was involved in sending/receiving messages on IMS platform running on 4G networks using Java integrated networks Session initiation protocols (JAIN SIP) APIs . After my internship was over I joined TCS(Tata Consultancy services) on a permanent payroll from 2012 - 2016. TCS is a cmm5 level company with an annual turnover of 10 billion US dollars. I was involved in developing application using java, spring framework for one of leading banking and financial services client in the world. My responsibilities included interacting with the client on a regular basis to understand the requirement, developing the code, testing the code and then move the same into the production environment.

Extracurricular activities
Apart from academic life, I have participated in athletic and cultural events and acquired good organizing abilities. To start with I was a basketball player at zonal level and an excellent athlete at school level . I played an important role in organizing both cultural and technical festivals for my College.

Why this University?
The Graduate program at XYZ, is fully suited to my goals. Computer Science are strong areas of research at XYZ. I have found the faculty and the research work to be quite impressive. I explored its website and really impressed with the curriculum of MS program in Computer Science. My Project advisor has also strongly encouraged me to apply to your program. The XYZ Computer Science Research Center which provides a systematic approach for research in the area of software, can be a perfect place for me to carry out my research work. I am confident of my technical and interpersonal management abilities and would appreciate the opportunity to be considered for the MS program in your esteemed University
Career and academic objectives
- ...so that I could go back to India..
- ..with the latest knowledge...
- ...of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, (don't forget your punctuation marks) India is...

Personal background
- My father bought me a second hand..
- ...computer when I was in 8th grade, most of the time I spent...
- ...either playing games on it or creating ppts( I'm not sure if "ppts" is a typo error or an abbreviation, please clarify) for fun .

- ...this machine begin andbegan hence hence I decided to pursue my career further in this field.

Professional Background
- During myWhile on ( you have used "during" on the previous sentence, it's good to play with other words) training I..
- My responsibilities included interacting with the client...

Why this University?
The Graduate program at XYZ, is fully suited tofully suits my goals.
- Computer Science areis a strong areas of research at XYZ.

I wish you the best of luck.
OP kaustubh 1 / 1  
HI,
Could you rate my SOP
Sure @kaustubh, I'd like to rate your SOP at 7 out of 10.

This is due to the references below;

- always learn more about the language rules
- know your topic
- go beyond the boundaries of your ideas and play with it
- be objective
- know your facts and figures
- read a lot to enhance your vocabulary

Nevertheless, make sure that you enjoy every writing that you do.

Home / Graduate / SOP for MS in Computer Science for 2016 - answering questions