SOP for MS IN INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING- The field of ergonomics

erasmus 1 / -  
Dear Friends, I am preparing to apply to US Universities for fall of 2011.Please give your valuable time time and look at my SOP and give some suggestions.It might have some errors and flaws in the sense.

I was born and raised in the city ** which was famous for having first industry of country and having a huge industrial corridor. In my childhood i used to get amazed, even bewildered, by seeing different large buildings, some of them oozing out smoke from their chimney. The curiosity that i had about the factories excelled in the following years of my childhood and made me realizes my future aim to be a mechanical engineer.

Within the premises of one of the best schools of **, my school days passed with full of fun, exploring my ambition and building a strong foundation to fulfill my dream to be engineer. Physics was my major in high school, along with mathematics in which I secured highest in the board exam in 12th grade. After finishing my 12th grade i became busy with my entrance preparation to get admission in the AA , the number one engineering campus in the country. During this very time i came to know about a new field of engineering, called as Industrial Engineering, which was being launched first time in the country. Its syllabus being similar to Mechanical Engineering synchronized of mechanical engineering, industrial management and MBA relevant subjects. The presence of new topics, never taught anywhere before in my country , made me choose this subject. So I was able to secure my position in entrance exams among the eight thousand students who gave those exams.

Pursuing Industrial Engineering in X Campus, sister campus of AA was a challenging and exciting time. Possessing the advanced mechanical lab in whole country and famous for its Automobile lab in the neighboring countries, the university was really a place to be proud of. The learning atmosphere was a challenging one, yet the help of teachers and friends came to rescue. Our curriculum covered huge area of topics, from casting metals to preparing business plans. It feels good know so many applications. Getting busy with the assignments and project work was a regular routine to me, which I continued during my four years of study. I developed a strong proclivity towards ergonomics carried out a project work named " X " with my friends in sixth semester. Continuing my same interest I also wrote a seminar paper " X " in eighth semester as part of the syllabus of Industrial Engineering.

The field of ergonomics is still not developed in context of industrial sector of my country. It still lacks the basic elements of design and layout of various parts of industries. This lack, due to scarce of skilled manpower in the market, is fulfilled by bringing manpower from neighboring countries. In the present scenario of the country I find myself lucky to have read this subject and take this situation as an opportunity to present myself as expertise in this field One of my reasons for further study is to use the knowledge and skill, after having completed my masters, in the developing industrial sector of my country.

I am interested in studying the impacts of ergonomics on the workers and the working environments. The health of workers working in any organization either it's social or production depends upon the proper implementation of ergonomics. The balances of the ergonomic factors are essential for the survival of any industry. Recent approaches of ergonomics provide completely new way to solve the existing problems. Hopefully, my background in technical as well as managerial aspects of industry would allow making ergonomics my major area of study. Then some of my research interest include

1.,2.,3...

This is my choice filed and i have strong dedication of studying as it can be. I am applying for the Masters program in Industrial Engineering. The ongoing research and exciting atmosphere in your university have caught my attention and am applying for a full time graduate study. My education till now is with full or partial scholarships and I sincerely hope for its continuation. I am applying for Research Assistantship scholarships.

Looking forward to your answer of acceptance. Harboring a wish to be there for now.

Sincerely yours
rezataher 1 / 7  
You have to write I not i.

This sentence is not suitable in SOP letter: In my childhood i used to get amazed, even bewildered, by seeing different large buildings, some of them oozing out smoke from their chimney. The curiosity that i had about the factories excelled in the following years of my childhood and made me realizes my future aim to be a mechanical engineer.

You have to notice that we have many kinds of engineering in industry. Now why mechanical? Think about it.

the number one should be the best...

During this very time??? What do you mean? I think you have to improve your English. I did not continue reading your letter.
bharathwaj 1 / 2  
It looks good..Just try to include how MS in Industrial Engg would help with your career goal.

something about the subjects you would be dealing during your course and your work profile

Example
Course offerings like Operations planning and control will help in optimizing costs and logistics, a very important concept in today's cost-cutting world.It would also help me anticipate cost and time overrun in projects

And last, try to include why this particular university? how differen is the particular university different from the rest. Rest seems good. :)

Regards

Home / Graduate / SOP for MS IN INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING- The field of ergonomics