SOP for IT and Management, worldwide career opportunities in IT

farooq_100us 1 / -  
Kindly review this sop and post your comments.

The contribution of emerging technologies towards global economy, the ongoing expansion of different industries by adopting challenging IT solutions, and the increasing worldwide career opportunities in IT had always inspired me to learn information technologies. During first year of my graduation in Electronics and communication, I wrote my first computer program in Java for an electronics device. The task performed by the code was restricted to electronic device only, but the impact of the piece of code on my life was invaluable. My interest in computer programming not only changed my learning path from Electronics to IT completely, but also encouraged me to work and build my career in Information Systems.

After completing my...

READ BELOW(after edits)

My interest in electronics blossomed during my high school years. It was the time when mobiles, laptops, and internet had begun to make an impact on my life. Hence, after clearing my pre engineering entrance exam, I got an admission to the engineering college. In the first year of my graduation, I built a fingerprint door lock. While building this door lock, I wrote my first computer program that integrated lock with computer to read users' identification. Although the task performed by the code was restricted to door lock only, it had invaluable impact on my life. My interest in computer programming not only changed my learning path from Electronics to IT completely, but also encouraged me to build a career in Information Systems.

After my graduation in 2005, I joined AAA Origin India as a Software Engineer. I was chosen to work for AAA' platinum client and that is where I was exposed to various SAP products. I mastered various SAP products and developed a deep interest in them. By working in different projects, I not only learnt organizational hierarchy, team work, and leadership, but also experienced best practices of implementing SAP solutions for both national and international clients. Considering my interest in IT and passion towards SAP, I realized that I wanted a career that centers on SAP products and solutions.

For the next few years, I want to gain deep knowledge of SAP ERP products, acquire skills of project and team management, and learn IT consulting best practices. Keeping this goal in mind, I joined ABC Technology Solutions (ABCTS, India) and offered an opportunity to work as a SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) consultant for a prestigious telecommunication client. During my assignment I resolved client's complex IT landscape issues, trained other associate, cleared SAP certification, and build prototypes. These assigned responsibilities not only helped me to prove my skills, but also gave me an opportunity to work with customer's team in Germany, France and Netherlands.

In 2009 I was nominated to lead a team and developed a solution for SAPPHIRE 09 Orlando. SAPPHIRE is an international business event where senior executive, business managers and decision makers come to explore how innovative business solutions can foster long-term profitable growth. I, along with my team members, developed an automated business process for a pharmaceutical client. Finally, this solution was show cased in a SAPPHIRE, attracted many clients, and helped my company to win a new project.

I was also awarded with "Mr. Incredible" and "SOA initiator" titles within the company for my contribution to the SAP capability. Moreover, my contribution to SAP global community gave me immense opportunities to share my knowledge with other consultants and SAP project leads who are working from different geographical regions. For this contribution, I received an award of "SAP Top Contributor" by global SDN (SAP Developer Network) community for two consecutive years 2008 and 2009.

Considering my strong interest in SAP products, I want to open my own SAP consulting company in near future. I believe that my technical knowledge, certifications in technologies, leadership roles, and problem solving skills are appropriate for handing implementation projects within a Company. But to work as an independent SAP consultant, I need to expertise how best SAP products and IT solutions can be introduce by understanding organizational structure, how cost effective solution can be proposed, how project can be managed, and how services can be delivered on time.

Thus, preparing myself for the best career and for a long term goal, I have decided to pursue a master in ISM (Information Systems & Management) from your elite business school. I believe MSc in ISM from WBC is a perfect learning program for me to hone acquired skills and share my learning in a coherent manner. I strongly believe that its special program modules such as "Management of IT & Outsourcing" and "Business Systems Integration & Consultancy" will definitely assist me in building both theoretical and practical knowledge of IT management and consulting. Further, I'll get numerous opportunities to learn from discussion forums, case-studies, seminars, team-exercises, guest lectures, and CIO programs.
Capitalize Internet.

In the first year after my graduation, I built...

But to work as an independent SAP consultant, I need to expertise pertaining to SAP products and IT solutions, and how they can be introduced. I need to understand organizational structure, how cost effective solutions can be proposed, how project can be managed, and how services can be delivered on time.

Nice job!!

Home / Graduate / SOP for IT and Management, worldwide career opportunities in IT